PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GIMP Font folder trouble

MikesGuitar
December 8th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I am having a hard time installing new fonts into GIMP. I was able to load in several fonts, but now every time I put new ones in they disappear after I hit okay. While in GIMP I got to Edit->Preferences>Folders->Fonts, and then browse to find the new font, which is then added to the list. I cannot figure out any other way to do it and need help! Thanks everyone!

23dornot23d
December 8th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I am having a hard time installing new fonts into GIMP. I was able to load in several fonts, but now every time I put new ones in they disappear after I hit okay. While in GIMP I got to Edit->Preferences>Folders->Fonts, and then browse to find the new font, which is then added to the list. I cannot figure out any other way to do it and need help! Thanks everyone!

What you are doing appears to be correct ..... I presume you have read access as a user the the directory the fonts are stored in ..........

Can you add a screen shot showing , where the font is being added ..... from which directory ?

( ? are you running GIMP in Linux or Windows .... )

How many Fonts do you have installed .... ? and how many directories are you pointing to .... ?

not that this should be a problem .... as I have pointed it to the C: Windows Fonts

directory before today ..... and it picks up all the Windows Fonts ............ and to linux drives
( except the USB drive as it does not always mount properly - ? is the drive mounted that you trying to get the fonts from )

What you have said is the correct way to install the fonts ..... though ....