PDA

View Full Version : Are you addicted to this forum?

gabo.cr
December 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Do you come to Ubuntu Forums everytime you start the computer?
Do you come to this forum even when you don't have any problems or questions?

:roll:

doas777
December 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
well, I wouldn't call the volunteers addicts, but yes, many of us come here, when we don't have specific issues. not everytime we boot though.

pwnst*r
December 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM
F5

Странник
December 7th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I lurk

fatcrab
December 7th, 2009, 10:31 PM
No
Yes

witeshark17
December 7th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I come here to see if I can help with anything. I'm online a lot for another forum, so I might as well. ;)

t0p

No, not every time.

Yes. I come here to offer support to users with problems; and I come to participate in the Community Cafe. I think the Cafe is one of the better places on the web for idle chit-chat and general tech talk.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the site. But I'm certainly a regular.

gabo.cr
maybe the word "addict" seems a little bit extreme, but you know what I mean.

skillllllz
December 7th, 2009, 10:35 PM
f5

+1 :-)

tribaldata
December 7th, 2009, 10:36 PM
No not every time i boot,

But i do lurk in the shadows of some obscure post...and some less obscure one... :D

renkinjutsu
December 7th, 2009, 10:37 PM
F5

This.

nerdy_kid
December 7th, 2009, 11:58 PM
yes
yes

the8thstar
December 8th, 2009, 12:01 AM

Yes!

Yes, I'm an addict!

the8thstar
December 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
This.

What sort of coded language is that?

doas777
December 8th, 2009, 12:05 AM
What sort of coded language is that?
renkinjutsu was just saying, that he supports/agrees with the quoted statement, to a bolded extent. tinged with amusement.

I have choosen to believe that pwnst*r was implying that he is to addicted to the forums, that he could not wait to refresh the page and see the new replies.

The Real Dave
December 8th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Ya, I'm pretty much always here. Cafe though, I rarely venture out 8-[8-[

dragos240
December 8th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Yes I am.

blur xc
December 8th, 2009, 01:16 AM
yup. Here most the day- in between tasks at work. Wasting time when I have nothing else to do.

I browse new posts all the time when I don't have a specific problem because I may run across a thread by chance where I can just learn something new. Also, occasionally I find a post from some new user where I actually know the solution and can give back a bit- it's not that often though...

BM

wojox
December 8th, 2009, 01:17 AM
No not every time I open my browser.

Yes I come and help/learn/discuss if I have a problem or not. For instance I just learned the F5 key refreshes the thread. ;)

BlazeFire247
December 8th, 2009, 01:20 AM

:roll:

Yes and yes. I come to this forum to try to post as much as I can even though I don't know what's going on :oops:

guriinii
December 8th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Yes
Yes

Old_Grey_Wolf
December 8th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Yes, I'm addicted. :o

I usually check the forum every day.

I look for problems other people are having so that I know what problems people may have when I recommend Ubuntu to them. I try to be as honest as I can be with anyone thinking about trying Linux. See my sig.

I also try to help people solve their problems. I haven't been able to help lately because I have only put 9.10 on one of my computers. I installed 9.10 on that computer without any problems; therefore, I have no helpful experience with it.

You may ask why I haven't installed 9.10 on my other computers. I have a strange way of testing a new release. First I install a new release as a dual boot with the last release on a computer that is used by my grandchildren. They can choose which version they want to use. The grandchildren will do things with the computer I would never think about doing. If the new release passes the grandchildren's smell-test; then I install it on the other computers. Right now, the grandchildren prefer 9.04.