PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Ship-It and advance orders.

rmflagg
February 23rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
Hi everyone,
In the past, I have ordered quite a few Ubuntu CD from their Ship-It program and, as most of you know, it takes quite a while to get them.
In my last order, I ordered 200 CDs and got 125, all of which are now distributed through a local coffee shop. I have personally helped install Ubuntu 4 times with these CDs! I would call it a success story!
In the next couple months, the 6.04 version will come out and I would like to get them out to folks as soon as possible. Does anyone out there know how I could pre-order the new versions? The Ship-It page does not have any provision for getting a new version and I am afraid that if I order another 150 CDs, I will get the old ones.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RM

gord
February 23rd, 2006, 01:04 AM
a few weeks or so before new ubuntu versions come out, anyone who orders a cd will get the new version. im not sure if there is an exsact date on that though.

GreyFox503
February 23rd, 2006, 05:08 AM
Well, right on the ShipIt front page (https://shipit.ubuntu.com/), it says:

ShipIt lets you request Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) CDs that will be posted to you free of charge.

It would be logical to assume that when they start shipping the 6.04 CDs, this page will tell you what you are getting (new or old).