PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Connect to Dell V313w Printer over the network on 64 bit Ubuntu 9.10?

danzber
December 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi everybody...I recently installed a Dell V313w wireless printer at home, and all the Windows PCs can connect to it over the network and print. However, I am unable to connect to or print from it on my laptop running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.

On Dell's support website, there is an Ubuntu driver available for the printer. However, this printer was developed for the i386 architecture (32 bit), and therefore will not install on the 64 bit version ("incorrect architecture" error).

Has anyone been able to successfully use this printer wirelessly from a 64 bit Ubuntu operating system? I tried going into System->Administration->Printing, and then setting up a new printer. I tried both "finding" a network printer using the printer's IP address, as well as Appsocket/JetDirect, using the IP address and default port of 9100, and then using a Generic printer driver (the Dell drivers listed do not include the v313w). I was still not able to get it to work.

I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance!