PDA

View Full Version : Admin add into Windows XP through Ubuntu

eternal_cream
December 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM
If you think this is the same as asking for changing the password of the adminstrator, read on and you'll understand the difference.
Anyway, I need to gain access to an admin account on one of my laptops because my school have modified all the OS so the students can only use a power user account. I want to install CS4, Microsoft Office 2007, IE8 (school only allowed us to use IE7) etc, but after asking, they said they were not going to do that because it would make it unfair, despite I'm paying for them myself.
One of my friend had already helped me gain admin access before, but it was detected by the school's internet system, thus I had to give in my laptop again to get it re-imaged. They deleted all admin rights on all users and created a syskey, and my friend is no longer willing to help me to create an admin account through Ubuntu.

Sorry for the long story, I just thought it'd be good to explain. I'm not sure whether or not the same method will work or not, but can people give me help on how to add an admin account into Windows XP through Ubuntu?

Eternal_Cream

hal10000
December 7th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Am i right? You want to ask how to hack your school network?

Boondoklife
December 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
sounds like your trying to get elevated rights on your schools puter, which definitely would go against their security layout. then there is the fact that this is not your laptop. kinda points to cracking to me, big no no here.

now i would wonder why you just don't buy your own laptop, seeing how you have bought cs4 and office. i'm sure you can get a cheap lil deal for a few hundred bucks...

coutts99
December 7th, 2009, 04:32 PM
One of my friend had already helped me gain admin access before, but it was detected by the school's internet system, thus I had to give in my laptop again to get it re-imaged.

That's clever :D:D:D