PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Update has ruined my Ubuntu installation! Please help!

Pipps
December 7th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I have run the most recent Ubuntu update this morning from the panel icon notification.

I now find that my Ubuntu installation is ruined.

My blank screensaver no longer kicks-in, despite the 'Power Management' options indicating that it should still do so.

I am now also asked for a password when restarting the machine from a Suspended state.

Why have my most fundamental system settings been complete unwound by this Ubuntu update?

I would be very grateful for any help or advice, so that I can revert to enjoying using Ubuntu again.

iponeverything
December 7th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I have run the most recent Ubuntu update this morning from the panel icon notification.

I now find that my Ubuntu installation is ruined.

My blank screensaver no longer kicks-in, despite the 'Power Management' options indicating that it should still do so.

I am now also asked for a password when restarting the machine from a Suspended state.

Why have my most fundamental system settings been complete unwound by this Ubuntu update?

I would be very grateful for any help or advice, so that I can revert to enjoying using Ubuntu again.

Borked Screen saver and being prompted for your password after suspend == "ruined" ?

Do you think you might be overstating things a bit?