PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installation fail

oohbuntoo
December 7th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I bought a used computer about a week ago. It's a custom build. I tried to install Ubuntu Jaunty just a few minutes ago and it went bad. I booted the computer from disk. Selected the language. Chose to run without any changes to my computer. The splash screen came on; thought I was in business. Then my screen looked like some one just kicked an Atari system with the message "input not supported" floating across the screen. This computer runs Winblows 7 Ultimate just fine. I didn't have this problem on my Toshiba laptop. I got Karmic runnin' on that flawless. I also ran the provided disk check option to make sure nothing is wrong with the disk. No errors found.

My new Computer stats:

ECS Elitegroup MOBO - Model # GeForce6100PM-M2
AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Duo Core 2.9ghz Brisbane Processor
Nvidia GeForce 6600gt Graphics Card
Crucial 2gb DDR-2 667mhz Memory
320gb Western Digital Sata Hard Drive
550 Watt power supply

I have no idea how to proceed from here and need help BAD! I wanna run Ubuntu on this big a#% screen I just bought!!

HELP!!

oohbuntoo
December 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I bought a used computer about a week ago. It's a custom build. I tried to install Ubuntu Jaunty just a few minutes ago and it went bad. I booted the computer from disk. Selected the language. Chose to run without any changes to my computer. The splash screen came on; thought I was in business. Then my screen looked like some one just kicked an Atari system with the message "input not supported" floating across the screen. This computer runs Winblows 7 Ultimate just fine. I didn't have this problem on my Toshiba laptop. I got Karmic runnin' on that flawless. I also ran the provided disk check option to make sure nothing is wrong with the disk. No errors found.

My new Computer stats:

ECS Elitegroup MOBO - Model # GeForce6100PM-M2
AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Duo Core 2.9ghz Brisbane Processor
Nvidia GeForce 6600gt Graphics Card
Crucial 2gb DDR-2 667mhz Memory
320gb Western Digital Sata Hard Drive
550 Watt power supply

I have no idea how to proceed from here and need help BAD! I wanna run Ubuntu on this big a#% screen I just bought!!

HELP!!
I fixed the issue. I booted under the "safe graphic" option. I am currently leaving this message on Karmic!!! Thanks to everyone that stopped by for a look-see.