PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu installation and configurations.

mr38
December 7th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Hello all, I finally register ubuntu forums. I am hoping to just stay here, but I really need help on video card configurations before I do that. Right now I am using VectorLinux because that is the only linux that makes everything work without any configuration to my video card. The reason why I can't use Ubuntu is, because my laptop screen is cracked and can't see anything. I am just going to use a Monitor as a screen for my laptop. I have a old HP Pavilion ZD7000. I really want to install ubuntu but everytime I start up a installation, going through process I get all installation done, but while booting up for ubuntu for the first time I can't use my monitor as the main monitor or screen. It seems like it does work but it shows up on my laptop screen which is cracked and I can't see anything. I hope somebody can help me out with this, because I prefer ubuntu jackalope then anything else. I assume why it works on vectorlinux is because I see while in the installation and completed, it install the videocard drivers for my Nvidia before it complete so I was able to use 1 screen or 2 screen. How can I do this in Ubuntu Jackalope? Any help would be greatly appreciated.