PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Devede & Disk Space

lizandeen
December 7th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I have a 500g xp and ubuntu 8.10 dual boot system (169g and 328g respectively) with 2g of ram. The problem is that when I try to create an iso with Devede I'm told "Conversion failed Maybe you ran out of disk space?". Any ideas? Thanks in advance

mc4man
December 7th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Far removed from 8.10 but if you get a chance search mencoder and devede in synaptic and post what versions are installed ( r. click on packages -> properties will show full name

Sorta seems like out of sync mencoder and devede versions, does the error occur right after the encoding is finished?

lizandeen
December 8th, 2009, 01:56 AM
It's Mencoder 2:1.0~rc2-Oubuntu17+medibuntu1 and Devede 3.11-Oubuntu1 (both installed at the same time using Add/Remove...).The error does seem to occur right after the encoding is finished and if it isn't then it's right before. I should also point out that when I used this version of Devede on an Ubuntu only 500g I had no problems. Could it be that I need to change the size of the swap partition?

mc4man
December 8th, 2009, 02:11 AM
assuming you do have plenty of available space ( min. 2x the expected .iso size) I'd try this first.

Replace your medibuntu mencoder with the intrepid repo version

2 ways

Search mencoder in synaptic, highlight mencoder -> package tab and see if a 'force version' is availabe. If so, then expand and chosse the repo ver. ( mencoder (2:1.0~rc2-0ubuntu17) and then click apply.

Or in System -> Software Sources -> Third party disable medibuntu, close and reload.
Then search mencoder, mark for removal, apply. After done re-search and install mencoder

Then give devede a try again

lizandeen
December 8th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Afraid no luck with that-any other ideas?

mc4man
December 8th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Afraid no luck with that-any other ideas?
Not without loading up an intrepid live cd and seeing if the error can be reproduced
If nothing positive comes up , ck. back tommorow night.

The above was based on that the exact error/behavior was happening in karmic's devede when a mencoder other than the repo version was used.

(though due to some changes in mplayer/mencoder in karmic, libavcodec also came into play which isn't the case in Intrepid.

eddier
December 8th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hey ho! I,ve just run into the same problem with DeVeDe-3.14.0-0ubuntu5 and mencoder 2:1.0~(rc3)+svn2009.

It (devede) suggested"'maybe a bug with mencoder?"

Creation of an Mpeg from an avi works fine-creation of the iso image is the choker.

eddie

SuperSonic4
December 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
What are your partitions formatted as?

eddier
December 8th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Installing the latest version (3.15.2) from Rastersoft seems to have solved the problem for me.

eddie

lizandeen
December 11th, 2009, 02:04 AM
sorry for delay in replying , xmas nonsense etc, will download live cd now and try again. (But in reference to other posts, I have to point out I didn't have this problem until I started using dual boot)

KevNice
February 10th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I had this problem, and I can say that it probably has nothing to due with dual-boot. I got this exact same error, right after I successfully made an .iso with similar files. No idea what's causing it as I've got plenty of disk space.