PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Rhythmbox crashes with Audio CD; Nautilus too sometimes.

Toadinator
December 7th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I use Rhythmbox for my media management (I've tried Amarok and Songbird and Banshee and Exaile and Listen, before anyone asks me to switch). If I insert an Audio CD into my CD drive, it sometimes does one of the following:

1) Prevents Rhythmbox from functioning; it crashes as soon as it sees the CD.

2) Same as #1, but if I try it enough times it'll work.

3) Nautilus crashes and won't start again because of a segfault until I remove the CD.

4) If I keep the CD in the drive and try to start Nautilus (like logging in) then it won't start because of a segfault (until I remove the CD).

Any advice? Anyone else have this problem? I have Dropbox installed if that has anything to do with it.

stlouisubntu
January 31st, 2010, 12:16 AM
Yes, friend. I have also experienced this bug. Please log into launchpad into the following bug report and indicate that "this bug affects me too" and add your own comments if you wish.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/501207

What worries me is that since lucid (at least the alpha 2 development release) does not appear to be affected by this bug the developers will not likely make any real attempts at fixing it.

wribeiro
October 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Waiting for a solution...
Ubuntu 10.10 64

n.hinton
November 14th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Problem still exists for me