PDA

View Full Version : Car question

Musick Man
December 6th, 2009, 10:24 PM
In a Ford GT, why is there the holes in the seats. They kinda look like speakers but I dont think that they are.

Anyone know what they are and what they are used for?

73ckn797
December 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
In a Ford GT, why is there the holes in the seats. They kinda look like speakers but I dont think that they are.

Anyone know what they are and what they are used for?

Do you have a picture of it?

Musick Man
December 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM
http://image.motortrend.com/f/8307107+w750/112_0506_FordvFerrari_13z+Ford_GT+Interior_View_Se at.jpg

http://blog.thecar.com.my/upload/images/gt6.jpg

Its the little circle like things that are what your back and bottom would be.

Paqman
December 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Purely cosmetic, from the look of it.

PhilGil
December 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM
In the original GT40 they were air vents and were fed with fresh air from outside the vehicle. They were intended to improve driver comfort. Don't know if they are functional or cosmetic in the new GT.

Musick Man
December 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Oh interesting. I kinda thought they were something like that but I wasnt sure.

Thanks for the answer.

SunnyRabbiera
December 6th, 2009, 11:17 PM
They suck out your soul, question answered :D

73ckn797
December 6th, 2009, 11:57 PM
They help ventilate escaping gastro-intestinal gases away from the seat occupant. Air flow is greatly enhanced with windows down. Otherwise, passenger and driver may become overwhelmed with a foul odor and uncontrollable laughter which can result in erratic driving for several minutes. It is a safety feature so you do not wreck such an expensive vehicle.

toupeiro
December 7th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Sorry, have to ask, is this your car?

If it is, congrats on owning one of the coolest American sports-cars ever made.

I own a 1969 Torino GT Fastback. The only car I'd ever consider trading it for would be a 72 Pantera, which is rear engine like your GT40.

The Real Dave
December 7th, 2009, 12:46 AM
My dads ol' Mini Cooper had something similar, except the holes were metal hoops. On a hot day, they were a blessing, seemed to suck all the hot air away from your back. Generally made the car more comfortable.

Musick Man
December 7th, 2009, 01:07 AM
SunnyRabbiera and 73ckn797: Funny and good answers. Made me laugh!!

toupeiro: Unfortunately its not. :( All though the company that my dad works for (its a high performance car part retailer) the Ford GT is the company car, so every so often he drives it home. So I get to ride in one a lot.

The 1969 Torino GT Fastback is a really nice car also. And also the Pantera.

The Real Dave: Thats very interesting. I have never noticed that feature in the old Mini's. It does seem like it would help the ride more relaxing in hot weather. It makes me wonder why that feature isnt around still in modern cars. It seems more affective then having the windows down, or the AC on.

Ian dewhurst
December 7th, 2009, 01:47 AM
My dads ol' Mini Cooper had something similar, except the holes were metal hoops. On a hot day, they were a blessing, seemed to suck all the hot air away from your back. Generally made the car more comfortable.

More comfortable? I have two minis and comfort isn't a word I would describe driving a mini especially on pot-holed roads:p

To the OP if this GT is your car *insert drool here*

cariboo
December 7th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Sorry, have to ask, is this your car?

If it is, congrats on owning one of the coolest American sports-cars ever made.

I own a 1969 Torino GT Fastback. The only car I'd ever consider trading it for would be a 72 Pantera, which is rear engine like your GT40.

One of my buddies in high school had one that his dad rebuilt from a total wreck, It had a built up 390, that was one cool and fast car.

pwnst*r
December 7th, 2009, 02:04 AM
lol speakers? do your back and butt have ears?

witeshark17
December 7th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Does anyone like the new line of muscle cars, the Mustang the Camaro and Challenger? :popcorn:

LowSky
December 7th, 2009, 02:47 AM

it could make for an interesting sub-woofer though, right ladies...

toupeiro
December 7th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Does anyone like the new line of muscle cars, the Mustang the Camaro and Challenger? :popcorn:

I dig the new camaro. To me the Dodge Challenger is the absolute best modern-retro muscle car out. Its the most true to styling.

Musick Man
December 7th, 2009, 03:01 AM

Well I really didnt know what to think. They kinda looked like speakers. It would be cool if they were.

witeshark17: I dont really like the new mussle cars that much. They look like the front is really long, and then the cab is really compact. The only car that I like out of them all is the challanger. To me that car looks the BEST!! But I have only seen them in screenshots. I have not seen them in real life yet. So my opinion might change after I see them for real.

Tee_Zee
December 7th, 2009, 03:27 AM
They help ventilate escaping gastro-intestinal gases away from the seat occupant. Air flow is greatly enhanced with windows down. Otherwise, passenger and driver may become overwhelmed with a foul odor and uncontrollable laughter which can result in erratic driving for several minutes. It is a safety feature so you do not wreck such an expensive vehicle.

@73ckn797 ---- Hahahaha. That one is really funny. I suddenly remembered this youtube video I saw of someone farting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grKO6cGeJFo

Back to the topic.... I have always wondered what those holes were for. Thanks for the information.