PDA

View Full Version : My new favorite browser

Revolutionary101
December 6th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Ever since I started using Ubuntu I have been a fan boy of Firefox, until now. I just installed Google Chrome and it has one of the best browser experiences I have ever had. I have tried Opera, Firefox and Chrome and Chrome is by far the best. Good job Google.

Enigmapond
December 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I agree to an extent. Chrome is far faster, clearer and the colours seem more vivid however I find that the flash player in mine, (and I get the nightly Chrome builds), does not run well and I end up having to change back to FF to watch films or Hulu type sites. Also the extensions in Chrome leave a lot to be desired and most don't work as they say...but for surfing only, Chrome wins hands down.

The_Pirate_King
December 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Chrome is very fast and has some nice features, but I will stick with Firefox. Firefox with no addons is practically lamer than IE, but with an array of the finest addons available, it is extremely fast and powerful.
@Enigmapond: Chrome may not have as good handling for Flash, but that's a closed-source program. It actually has much better handling for java script, which, with the release of HTML 3, may usurp Flash as the premiere code for web apps. And java script is open source.

lancest
December 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I bounce back and forth between Chrome and Firefox.
Chrome is superfast, highly themeable- but as mentioned has some problems with flash video and doesn't shut down properly sometimes. Also sometimes there are problems getting into my Gmail account with it. Chrome is like beta software anyway on Linux.
Firefox has easier searching, more stable flash, other and looks like Ubuntu.
Both have a great future.

mkvnmtr
December 7th, 2009, 03:37 AM
If you are speaking about the Chromium browser yes I like it also. It is not my first choice but I use it quite often. After installing yesterdays daily build I am getting black patches on some pages. I suppose that will be fixed on Monday.

Jazzy_Jeff
December 7th, 2009, 03:45 AM
I have been using Chromium for the last month. I find it is very fast but also unstable. I get quite a few crashes starting it up and also on some pages I start to load. Hopefully they will work all the bugs out.

Zoot7
December 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I've yet to try Google's offering. The add ons are always what keeps me coming back to Firefox.

Jazzy_Jeff
December 8th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I've yet to try Google's offering. The add ons are always what keeps me coming back to Firefox.

I have to agree here. I use a few add ons. They make the internet more enjoyable.

ccleanerfan
December 8th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I have to agree here. I use a few add ons. They make the internet more enjoyable.
Only way I'd move to Chrome is if there is a good variety of addons.

Rockanium
December 8th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Only way I'd move to Chrome is if there is a good variety of addons.

Same here, I only use FireFox because of them. To be honest it makes ubuntu a bit easier to use if you are a newbie like me, but that is just my opinion