PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Low disk space warning

ExtemeOver
December 6th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Ubuntu 9.10
Hello everyone.
I have a small question - there is a notification window, which pop-ups when there is almost no free space on the hdd. This window provides an option not to show the warning for current hdd. Long ago I chose this option to ignore this hdd.
But now I need to enable the warning for this hdd again. How can I do it?
P.S Sorry for my bad english

SecretCode
January 6th, 2010, 10:45 AM
While trying to solve this for myself I came across your post. And this is the solution:

Open gconf-editor (type gconf-editor at the command line), and navigate to the key /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/plugins/housekeeping/.

Double-click the ignore paths name, and remove the paths you want not to ignore any more.

There are some other useful configuration settings here, like free_percent_notify (default 0.05 meaning notify when space is less than 5%) and free_size_gb_no_notify (default 2 meaning don't notify if the free space is more than 2GB).

shafin
May 9th, 2010, 11:43 PM
While trying to solve this for myself I came across your post. And this is the solution:

Open gconf-editor (type gconf-editor at the command line), and navigate to the key /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/plugins/housekeeping/.

Double-click the ignore paths name, and remove the paths you want not to ignore any more.

There are some other useful configuration settings here, like free_percent_notify (default 0.05 meaning notify when space is less than 5%) and free_size_gb_no_notify (default 2 meaning don't notify if the free space is more than 2GB).
Thanks for the tip.

sidewalkcynic
May 10th, 2010, 12:47 AM
open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get autoremove

It will identify unneeded kernels that have been replaced with later editions.
When prompted let it remove them, and then

sudo apt-get remove

sudo apt-get autoclean

sudo apt-get clean