PDA

View Full Version : Getting an Android phone!

Mehall
December 5th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Tomorrow, on my way to see my girlfriend, I'm going to stop by the T-Mobile shop in the shopping centre where I work, and buy the T-Mobile Pulse phone.

It's the first Android phone on pay as you go, it's down to £137.10 (from 179.99, though my dad still thinks its expensive xD) and popping my T-Mobile Solo 20 sim in, which has unlimited Internet.

My mum and dad are paying for most of the phone for my xmas, but since I'm 20, and part-paying it, I get to have it tomorrow (:

Anyone got the Pulse?

joey-elijah
December 6th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Nice! I've great things about the pulse. Curious as to where you found it for £137 cos i'd be tempted at that price!

PhoHammer
December 6th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Awesome! I have the myTouch 3G (HTC Magic) and I am starting to develop Android apps. It's a lot of fun!

Mehall
December 6th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Nice! I've great things about the pulse. Curious as to where you found it for £137 cos i'd be tempted at that price!

T-Mobile.co.uk and in the store itself!

Thats why I'm getting it! It was a good phone at 180!

PatrickMoore
December 6th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Android is ballin'. my girlfriend has had the G1 for about a year and I ported it to my old tilt. it really is great.

ugm6hr
December 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Can you swap out SIMs on a Pay-as-you-go Phone? I thought they were all locked down to specific network / tariffs to ensure you couldn't.

Mehall
December 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Can you swap out SIMs on a Pay-as-you-go Phone? I thought they were all locked down to specific network / tariffs to ensure you couldn't.

they can lock to network, but not tarrif, and im sticking to t-mobile.

most phones can be unlocked to accept any networks sim tho. can get it done for about a tenner round here

frenchn00b
December 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
and sharp android ?
http://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/sharp-android-phone.gif :D:D:D

ugm6hr
December 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
they can lock to network, but not tarrif, and im sticking to t-mobile.

Cheers for the info.

Not sure why, but I thought UK PAYG phones were "special" - I was toying with an unlocked phone + SIM-only deal (which are very good value), but might now go for a PAYG phone + SIM-only (which are even better value).

May even get the phone now and unlock it before my current contract expires...