PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Digital Camera?

Psumi
December 5th, 2009, 11:09 PM
What do you suggest I buy if I want cheap, no big time megapixels camera?

It has to be compatible with AA/AAA batteries, preferrably AA.

It has to have a pretty big screen as well.

It has to work with linux.

Nothing over 75 USD, and it cannot be online. I must be able to get it in-store.

expxe
December 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
check out the canon A series cameras, solid cameras at great prices

Mike'sHardLinux
December 5th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I also like the Canon A series! In a recent Fry's had, they had a 10 MegaPixel A series for either $69 or $79...I forget. I am still using an older A510, and had another A series before that.

Psumi
December 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
check out the canon A series cameras, solid cameras at great prices

They're all over 100 USD at best buy, I doubt that fits my restriction on price.

I also like the Canon A series! In a recent Fry's had, they had a 10 MegaPixel A series for either $69 or $79...I forget. I am still using an older A510, and had another A series before that.

Don't have fry's around here.

Only Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Office Depot and Office Max and ShopKo. Some local stores too, but they charge an arm and a leg.

lisati
December 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I don't know if this will meet your criteria, but I recently picked up a Sanyo camera for $NZ120 on special, similar to this one: http://us.sanyo.com/Digital-Cameras/VPC-S1080-10-Megapixel-Digital-Camera

expxe
December 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
They're all over 100 USD at best buy, I doubt that fits my restriction on price.

Don't have fry's around here.

Only Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Office Depot and Office Max and ShopKo. Some local stores too, but they charge an arm and a leg.

don't shop at best buy, funny cause they are not the best buy with their extremely inflated prices

if you local stores are pricey and you can't buy online, you are gonna have to wait for a sale or buy used. why didn't you buy your camera on black friday?

Psumi
December 5th, 2009, 11:36 PM
why didn't you buy your camera on black friday?

I do not believe I would have been safe walking 3+ miles to the mall. I'd take a bus, but 1+ USD for a bus ride is outrageous.

expxe
December 5th, 2009, 11:38 PM
i live in canada and i have to pay 2.75 cad for a ticket.

Psumi
December 6th, 2009, 12:24 AM
i live in canada and i have to pay 2.75 cad for a ticket.

I was speaking of the upfront price that you pay without a ticket.

Speaking of rip-offs, we only have charter, verizon, AT&T and TDS (TDS is very limited in availability here.) for Internet/phone/TV services.