PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else going bald?

marco123
December 5th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Or have you yet to experience the joy of hair on your pillow?

If so, do you care, or try to cover it up in any way?

Marco.

crimesaucer
December 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
What's worse than the pillow is the shower drain. (obviously I voted yes)

As for the comb-over, well my hair is about shoulder length so it doesn't look that bad with the top being thinner. Sort of like an aged hippy.

Tipped OuT
December 5th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Nope, still 15 and going strong.

toupeiro
December 5th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I've been getting a lot thinner on top over the last 4-5 years but I refuse to come-over or wig it. You know, if that Bosley stuff was actually affordable I might consider it for when it gets worse than it is but as of right now its just thin, not gone. What happens up there happens, and its not the end of the world. I just make the best of it. If it starts to turn into a Friar Tuck, I may shave it all off. I really hate the way that looks. It easily adds 20 years to someone. I'm going to be 30 in a few months and I still get carded for Alcohol so I'm doing fine.

jwbrase
December 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Not yet, but if I have my Dad/paternal grandfather's genes I will in 30 years or so.

nubimax
December 5th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Started losing my hair on top at 68 I am just waiting to be able to comb my hair with a wash rag.
M.

AllRadioisDead
December 5th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I'm 16, so no.

Icehuck
December 5th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I voted no because I now shave my head and therefore I am already bald. I could handle it getting thin because it still looked fine when my hair was longer. I noticed it receding and I just shaved it and I'm fine with that.

Marvin666
December 5th, 2009, 07:34 PM
14, but my dad is 44 and he doesn't have anything on the top of his head. He always wears a hat outside the house, so you don't really notice it.

chickengirl
December 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Nope, 'cause I'm a girl. XD

But I am already going gray.

MaxIBoy
December 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
There are two types of people in this world. Those who aren't going bald, and those who totally aren't going bald at all, ever! Really.

rajeev1204
December 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Whats wrong with going bald? Its nice and natural.Many men have it some time in their lives.Still stuck to stereotypes are we?

And yes, iam going bald too.Started losing it around 21.Hated it initially since was too young and odd ,but later it fit in nice.

marco123
December 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
There are two types of people in this world. Those who aren't going bald, and those who totally aren't going bald at all, ever! Really.

Amen. :) It's my late fathers fault, so definitely hereditary for me. My brother started earlier than me (in his 30s) even though he's younger. I generally keep my hair short so it's not hugely noticeable. I might grow it one last time for old-times sake though. lol

marco123
December 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Whats wrong with going bald? Its nice and natural.Many men have it some time in their lives.Still stuck to stereotypes are we?

And yes, iam going bald too.Started losing it around 21.

Nothing at all. It's all part of getting old and the journey of life.

rajeev1204
December 5th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Nothing at all. It's all part of getting old and the journey of life.

Well, i started losing it around 21 so young which was disturbing at first.But that too is normal.Add to it the current lifestyles, you lose it sooner than time.

But like someone said in a previous post, the shower drains clogging are a big problem :p

dragos240
December 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
14, so no.

underquark
December 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM

<---My picture. 'Nuff said.

Cavsfan
December 5th, 2009, 08:14 PM
My hair began receding a bit when I was about 19. My forehead is bigger than it used to be and I
have a thin patch about the size of a piece of salami in the back.
The back is not totally bald just thinner and it has not gotten any worse since I was about 25 and
I am 51 almost now. So, I guess it won't get any worse. Most
people are either bald or they are not loosing their hair at all. I have lost some, but not that much.

cdwillis
December 5th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Not to gloat, but I just got my hair cut today and the girl was telling me what nice thick hair I have. :p

There's no one in my family with bald or receding hair, so I'm destined to hair nice thick white hair when I'm old. If I had thinning hair I'd just bite the bullet and keep it short. Combovers make you look like a fool.

drawkcab
December 6th, 2009, 03:56 AM
My hair's been gradually thinning out since I turned 22. It bothered me about it at first but I got over it fast. I don't feel all that bad since others have lost more at a faster rate in the last fifteen years. I still have plenty on the top and I keep my hair short because that looks the best.

pricetech
December 6th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Nope, 'cause I'm a girl. XD

But I am already going gray.

It happens to women too, though not nearly as common.

pricetech
December 6th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Or have you yet to experience the joy of hair on your pillow?

If so, do you care, or try to cover it up in any way?

Marco.

Been losing mine for years. Don't care. Wish it would finish falling out so I can throw away my comb for good.

ken_do_san
December 6th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I've been going bald since I was 30 (now 46), always swore I'd never have the crown look. I either trim it with the trimmer to shorter than a number 1 (don't use any guides ;)) or I shave it all off. Always stylish and on windy days no hair blowing everywhere hahaha.

northwestuntu
December 6th, 2009, 07:41 AM
not too much, but baldness runs in my family. i did hear about this device called the neograft. which can suck hair out of one place and implant in another. sounds pretty good, but you need about 10 grand to make it happen im sure.

MelDJ
December 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
my hair is like a bird's nest on my head. to lazy to chop it off

anyone wants a hair donation?;)

Exodist
December 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I have been for better part of 5 years now.. /sad :-(

VastOne
December 6th, 2009, 08:03 AM
From the original Dune movie (1984), Patrick Stewart played Gurney Halleck and had a chromed dome with a pony tail to the middle of his back, braided.

I was 24 at the time and had a perfect mullet and paid as much as 80 bucks to keep my do in style and was known to quite a few women (It was the 80's)

Anyway, I knew the hair would recede but after seeing Gurney and that look, I was cool with it

25 years later, and that is exactly what I sport....and love it!

MooPi
December 9th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Going bald is liberating. Once the hair is gone there is no fuss with shampoo or combs , brushes or gel. Your one and only concern is to keep the sun from frying the skin off the top of your noggin. I'd like to say I'm bald and damm happy to be. In fact I call my style something similar to the Mohawk. I call it the Nohawk.

lisati
December 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
49 and no signs of baldness yet. My whiskers (when I'm too lazy to shave for a few days) are beginning to show signs of gray, which is sometimes hard to spot the colour is somewhere between blonde and light brown.

Edit: no blonde jokes please! :(

Marvin666
December 9th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Not to be sexist, but aren't they mainly about girls?

bsharp
December 9th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Nope, and if I take after my dad's side, I should be good until I'm at least 60.

nrs
December 9th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Am I the only one who looks forward to going bald / grey / wrinkly? I honestly think it looks cool, I can't explain why. A large facial scar would be cool too. Maybe I'm just crazy.

RPG Master
December 9th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Even though I am only 15, I know for a fact there is no chance of me losing my hair in the future. NO ONE in my family has gone bald, in fact most of the men on my Dad's side are very hairy, which would explain my friggin' awesome (and totally legit) beard (:P) and the fact that I started growing a mustache at 11 :O

lisati
December 9th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Don't count on being immune from baldness if it hasn't happened in your dad's family:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldness#Male_pattern_baldness_and_genetics

Tristam Green
December 9th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Started losing my hair at 17.

Really started falling out at 19, after I had heart surgery.

It's tapered off now, but I look like Anthony Edwards now.

madnessjack
December 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I'm 21. Both my Granddads are 70+ and have a full head of hair :P

I wouldn't mind a bit of manly facial hair though [-o< I seem to have blessed me with one not the other

alphaniner
December 9th, 2009, 03:17 PM
My hair is still thick as a chinchilla's but I'm definitely going through a prolonged recession. My dad was younger than I am now when he died so no clues there.

ynnhoj
December 9th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Going bald is liberating. Once the hair is gone there is no fuss with shampoo or combs , brushes or gel. Your one and only concern is to keep the sun from frying the skin off the top of your noggin. I'd like to say I'm bald and damm happy to be. In fact I call my style something similar to the Mohawk. I call it the Nohawk.
i'm on my way to liberation, waiting patiently for nature to run its course :] my hairline has been receding pretty quickly for a few years, but it will still be a while before i would call myself bald... i'm on the way, at least! hair is just such a nuisance..

xpod
December 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
40 here and while i certainly aint going bald i do sprout the odd grey hair. I think my 4 daughters could possibly have something to do with that though.

Am I the only one who looks forward to going bald / grey / wrinkly? I honestly think it looks cool, I can't explain why. A large facial scar would be cool too. Maybe I'm just crazy.

You dont have any Glaswegian roots do you? :p

Berk
December 9th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Started receding at 18, back when I had shoulder length hair. Since then I've swapped between mohawks / mohicans (thanks to the shape it's receding the front is already in place) and skinhead.

At the moment I'm back to skinhead (with beard) and don't think I'll be bothering with hair again, my beard grows faster and thicker than the hair on top, it's time to call it quits.

My maternal grandfather is bald at the crown, but not receding and still has jet black, quite thick hair, and on my fathers side they all have thick hair with no balding. My fine and now thinning hair is a mystery really.

subdivision
December 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Nope. Going grey though.

liamnixon
December 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
God, my hair started thinning at eighteen, and I've seen a grey hair or two since. The best part is, I'm twenty!

BrokenKingpin
December 9th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I am 23 and no signs yet. Judging by the rest of my family, I won't start balding for many, many years.

kgarbutt
December 9th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Bald men are the new SEXY. Shave it & be proud of it. You'll still get alot.

xpod
December 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
There is no pain, you are receding.

cascade9
December 9th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I've been going bald since I was 30 (now 46), always swore I'd never have the crown look. I either trim it with the trimmer to shorter than a number 1 (don't use any guides ;)) or I shave it all off. Always stylish and on windy days no hair blowing everywhere hahaha.

"If your gonna go, it will be on MY terms, hair!" :twisted:

I am getting more than a little thin, but I just 1 blade it or shave it. Easier to look after than when I had long hair, and its cooler in summer. *whistles 'always look on the bright side of life'*

amazingtaters
December 9th, 2009, 06:24 PM
There are no prospects for my thick, lucious, full, soft head of hair going anywhere any time soon.

Lightstar
December 9th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Receding, but I have long hair, and usually they fall on each side of my head, so that my bald spots above the temples are not visible at all. But once the top starts getting bald, I'm probably gonna shave it all.

Until I reach that point though, I'm going to keep my hair long and enjoy it while it lasts.

If you got money and don't want baldness, try propecia, when I did it, it stopped my hair loss by at least 90%. (nomore hair on the comb or inbetween fingers when shampooing). Make sure to look up side effects though... some are kinda important.

marco123
December 9th, 2009, 06:58 PM
There is no pain, you are receding.

A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.

Couldn't resist that.:D

RiceMonster
December 9th, 2009, 07:03 PM
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.

Couldn't resist that.:D

You are only coming through in waves

TheLastDodo
December 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Yep, a couple of years ago. I shaved my head, tanned it to fit with the rest of my skin; now I just buzz it down once every few days... women seem to like the look.

valkro
December 9th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Baldilocks and the three hairs?