PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] No partitions is visible from ubiquity

Kwpolska
December 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I want to install Kubuntu 9.10 on my SATA hard disk. I have it partitioned, i need to format one partition to ext3. When I'm in livecd, i can mount, unmount, browse and modify data on my partitions. fdisk, console herself and all KDE tools reporting that I have my partitions. But on installer or gparted there are NO partitions listed. I can in every while jump to Dolphin and see it. WTF with these tools?

darkod
December 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Is the drive not listed at all or just the partitions? Boot up into the live environment and in terminal run:
sudo apt-get remove dmraid

In most cases like this there are some traces of raid on the drive and they will be removed.

Kwpolska
December 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Failed. I'd got my disk partitioned like it:

XP - 20GB | L(ogical): Home - sixty-something GB | L: Linux - 30GB, formatted currently to NTFS | L: Backup - 37GB | L: Swap - 2GB
AlternateCD - same situation, but i don't tried to remove dmraid.

darkod
December 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Try the dmraid remove with the standard LiveCD. It helped in this situations although I can't be sure that you have the same problem right now.

Kwpolska
December 5th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I had tried it, no effect. If i will remove it and ubiquity, and try to install ubiquity, he is also downloading.

Kwpolska
December 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Fedora had said me the right thing. Windows made something bad to my partition table. I need to recreate disk partitions.

thodpol
December 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Is the drive not listed at all or just the partitions? Boot up into the live environment and in terminal run:
sudo apt-get remove dmraid

In most cases like this there are some traces of raid on the drive and they will be removed.

The drive was not listed at all.
with sudo apt-get remove dmraid and restarting the installation procedure, the disk is displayed in the partition editor!
Thanks a lot darkod! :)

djm-uk
December 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks - worked for me as well. Thought it was a new drive but then remembered I had used it for testing on Hardware raid card.. strange that it leaves 'traces ' on the HDD that then stop installation though!

David