PDA

View Full Version : install hackintosh to working Karmic system?

GulleyJimson
December 5th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I have an interesting question: I'm running Karmic on my laptop, and I'm interested in installing iDeneb Hackintosh. Is there a way to do that without reformatting the drive? I can do it, but I just recently got karmic working, and I'm reticent to already backup and reinstall.... Is there a way? I've already got plenty of room in an extra partition on the drive, but I can't seem to get the extra partition to stay formatted in HFS. I'll format it (say in gparted), then it will show up as FAT in the iDeneb installer. I'll reformat it there, then it'll instantly reformat back to FAT. Any clues to what to do, or do I just have to bite the bullet. Any input GREATLY appreciated.

zvacet
December 6th, 2009, 12:58 AM
You can search the net for answer because I think this forum doesn´t support software piracy.

gabo.cr
December 6th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Installing a Mac in a PC is illegal.
But if you want to do it, it would be better using Boot-132 Chamaleon, install Mac first, create 2 partitions with Disk Utility at the Mac installation: One for Mac and the other as FAT for Ubuntu, then you can install Ubuntu on the second partition.
It would be hard do to it the other way around.
But like I said... it is illegal to do such a thing and that's all I will say.