PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Missing Module Name

Ttrain15
December 5th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Any idea's on what 'Missing Module Name' would mean and how to fix it? It says that after I choose the option to Install Ubuntu.

Ttrain15
December 5th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Any help would be GREAT, because I am sick of running Vista.

darkod
December 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sorry you are having all these problems but this is very strange. You should try running the Try Ubuntu option first from the cd and that will show you if thee is any hardware incompatibility or something. If it doesn't want to boot, try burning another cd at low speed (not more than 8x) or even downloading another image, just to make sure the first one is not corrupted. You can also try putting on usb stick instead of cd and boot from that.
After the Try Ubuntu option is working fine, select the Install Ubuntu and it should be fine.
You also had previous problems even with accepting Enter on the keyboard, it just doesn't sound right.
Missing module might be a corrupted downloaded image. I've never seen that message myself.

Ttrain15
December 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Nevermind, I have finally figured it all out. I am currently running Ubuntu. I'm having new trouble now, but I will be searching before posting. Thanks