PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] do-release-upgrade Problem?

tbohon
December 4th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I'm running 9.04 Server edition and, following the news of the 9.10 Server edition release decided to do an in-place upgrade.

However, when I open a Terminal window and type in

do-release-upgrade

I receive a message stating that there is "no new release".

Am I doing something wrong with this command? I just did a whole slew of 'regular' upgrades to ensure 9.04 was current before the 9.10 move ... any chance I could have inadvertently done the release upgrade then?

Speaking of which, is there a command/way to find out exactly what version I'm currently running?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

phillw
December 4th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I'm running 9.04 Server edition and, following the news of the 9.10 Server edition release decided to do an in-place upgrade.

However, when I open a Terminal window and type in

do-release-upgradeI receive a message stating that there is "no new release".

Am I doing something wrong with this command? I just did a whole slew of 'regular' upgrades to ensure 9.04 was current before the 9.10 move ... any chance I could have inadvertently done the release upgrade then?

Speaking of which, is there a command/way to find out exactly what version I'm currently running?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Hi

uname -a

will give you your kernel version - we can see if you're on 9.04 or 9.10 from that

I'm pretty sure, it has upgraded you - but if you post the output I'll double check for you.

Phill.