PDA

View Full Version : What ide is use for Google go

hoboy
December 4th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I have just installed google go language, what ide is use for programming ?

falconindy
December 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Vi or Emacs.

Simian Man
December 4th, 2009, 04:47 PM
If you are dependent on a full-featured IDE to program, your choice of languages is going to be very much reduced. Learn to use a text editor like vim, gedit or kate and the command line to build and test your programs.

hoboy
December 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
If you are dependent on a full-featured IDE to program, your choice of languages is going to be very much reduced. Learn to use a text editor like vim, gedit or kate and the command line to build and test your programs.

OOOOOOOOOOOOK
my problem with textEditor is that I like to use code assist a lot..
this is because I use eclipse, Netbeans for java and vs2008 for .Net.
it seemed like you use some text editor how did you deal with code assist ?
in text editor ?

Simian Man
December 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOK
my problem with textEditor is that I like to use code assist a lot..
this is because I use eclipse, Netbeans for java and vs2008 for .Net.
it seemed like you use some text editor how did you deal with code assist ?
in text editor ?

Text editors generally do not provide proper code completion (Vim actually does with OmniCppComplete though). I agree that this is an awesome feature to have and, for large projects, I use Eclipse to get this.

However, most of the languages out there do not have enough following for anybody to undertake the work to create an IDE or IDE plugin for them. And of those that do, most of them suck anyway.

I'm not saying you should always prefer a text editor over IDE, I'm just saying that if you want to program in newer or less popular languages like Go, you will have to be comfortable without an IDE.

hoboy
December 4th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Text editors generally do not provide proper code completion (Vim actually does with OmniCppComplete though). I agree that this is an awesome feature to have and, for large projects, I use Eclipse to get this.

However, most of the languages out there do not have enough following for anybody to undertake the work to create an IDE or IDE plugin for them. And of those that do, most of them suck anyway.

I'm not saying you should always prefer a text editor over IDE, I'm just saying that if you want to program in newer or less popular languages like Go, you will have to be comfortable without an IDE.

Fair enough... tks.. I have just compiled my first go with Kate.