PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz questions

DaSilva
December 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I have the following questions to Compiz:

1. With "Window previews" enabled I miss the option to see also minimized windows but currently I cannot get thumbnails of minimized windows.

2. I would like to have the same feature like in Windows 7 where you can drag a window to a border and then it maximizes or uses half the size of the screen etc.

How can I achieve these questions?

Thanks

yossell
December 4th, 2009, 04:12 PM
For 2

it's not quite the same, but the Grid plugin allows you to place immediately the active window at various points in the screen - the left half, the right half, the top half, the bottom-left quarter...this gives you a way, using just a couple of key presses, to put two windows side by side.

It may not be quite what you're looking for, but I ended up preferring it - maybe give it a try and see if it suits you.

DaSilva
December 5th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the reply but it is not the same because you have to press an additional key.

SmSpillaz
December 7th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the reply but it is not the same because you have to press an additional key.

We just added such functionality to Grid today. Expect it in 0.9

DaSilva
December 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Waoh, great to know. Do you already know when it will be relased (approx.)?

Does someone know how to solve question 1.?

bigsmitty64
December 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I have the following questions to Compiz:

1. With "Window previews" enabled I miss the option to see also minimized windows but currently I cannot get thumbnails of minimized windows.
Thanks

I agree.Wish it was the other way around.