PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Login manager and Universal Access Preferences

jojo55
December 4th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Hi,

with Karmic Koala my Login Manager always shows an icon for 'Universal Access Preferences'. It has "Make Text larger and easier to read" enabled, so that after having logged on my desktop environment seems to be enlarged. My problem: I can not turn off enlargement. Means: even if I deselect the box "Make Text larger and easier to read" before logging on then my desktop enviroment is enlarged anyway. Additionally: when logging on next time the box "Make Text larger and easier to read" is enabled again. Looks like that deselection of the box "Make Text larger and easier to read" is not passed to the desktop environment and always enabled again before logging on.

What keeps the box "Make Text larger and easier to read" enabled before Logon? Is there any file that I could edit to disable this feature permanently?

Thanks in advance.
Jojo

_0R10N
April 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
You should uncheck it on the Accessibility Preference configuration on the Preferences Menu.

My problem is that I cannot get rid of the bar on the login screen. I don't want it! I disable everything related to Universal Accessibility Preferences I've found, but nothing worked so far.
:(
_0R10N >>