PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash player problem

iitk.ravi
December 4th, 2009, 10:41 AM
youtube or any other internet video is not playing. I have installed gnash but it is not working. I am not able to install adobe flash player. During installation, a message arrives" Unable to download packages"

darkod
December 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Is it 64bit or 32bit ubuntu that you have?

Satendra.kohli
December 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
1. Connect to internet
2. Open terminal
3. Install Flash plyer plugins

type below command in terminal

$ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

darkod
December 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
install flash player plugin

$ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

And remove gnash. I asked about the system because for 64bit you need to add a library manually, I had that problem until I tried it.

Lateralis
December 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
It would help if you could tell us the library that needs to be manually added...

I'm running 64 bit Karmic and am having significant issues with Flash.

I have tried purging and reinstalling all of the flash plugins that I can find (one at a time). I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling and then installing Firefox again. And tried doing all of these actions in a variety of permutations without any success.

I've tried using the 64-bit 10.[something] alpha pre-release available from the Adobe website but I get segmentation faults right, left and centre with that.

What is extremely frustrating is that flash was working fine in Jaunty but the upgrade to Karmic broke it.

For the record, Flash just about works insofar as I can start youtube videos and whatnot, but I have no control over them - I cannot change the volume, I cannot stop, start, pause or scrub (eg. fast-forward or rewind) once the video has started. Most infuriatingly though, BBC iPlayer videos just don't work at all. As I said, everything worked spankingly well before the upgrade, but not now. =(

niteshchhasatiya
April 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Dear,

i am nitesh. i work in primary school project where all computer is use ubuntu os. But problem is that in this all school have no internet facility so we can't use some softwares. like flash plyer etc..

so, give me reply that how to use flash player without internet.

claracc
April 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Dear,

i am nitesh. i work in primary school project where all computer is use ubuntu os. But problem is that in this all school have no internet facility so we can't use some softwares. like flash plyer etc..

so, give me reply that how to use flash player without internet.

Better you open a new thread in the general help forum to get more people see your question. This is an old thread and surely it will be closed in little time.

To answer your question, it is possible to install adobe flash offline, you only need to follow instructions in this link: http://askubuntu.com/questions/141588/how-can-i-install-adobe-flash-player-offline

oldos2er
April 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM
Old thread closed.