PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu was my idea

mamamia88
December 4th, 2009, 04:33 AM
I had this idea for a totally free operating system that was fast, stable, secure, free as well as all the software that came with it, and you can tweak it to your hearts content. I am mamamia88 and ubuntu was my idea.

we should totally make a commercial like that

AllRadioisDead
December 4th, 2009, 04:43 AM
You make it sound like Ubuntu is the only totally free operating system that's fast, stable, secure, free as well as all the software that comes with it, and can be tweaked to your hearts content.

xuCGC002
December 4th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Replace "Ubuntu" with "GNU/Linux".

AllRadioisDead
December 4th, 2009, 04:45 AM
In before linux isn't an OS.

Grifulkin
December 4th, 2009, 05:00 AM

Replace "Ubuntu" with "Arch." Fixed.

LowSky
December 4th, 2009, 05:05 AM
So you want to make an ad ripping off Microsoft Windows 7?

Aflack
December 4th, 2009, 05:05 AM

that was really dumb......... -.-

Grifulkin
December 4th, 2009, 05:07 AM
that was really dumb......... -.-

Yeah I know, it was meant to be dumb. For the lolz.

xuCGC002
December 4th, 2009, 05:12 AM

So that would make my statement "Replace "Arch" with "GNU/Linux"?

I'm bored.

tjwoosta
December 4th, 2009, 05:12 AM
lol Win7 parody! When I first heard that commercial I was like wtf.

The one I watched the lady was like "I asked them to fix it and they did", I was thinking "and it only took 20 years"

Its a complete load of marketing crap, they make it sound like its open source and community driven or something.

EDIT:

Heres the one I was talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcNlX7n0zEA

qalimas
December 4th, 2009, 05:13 AM

I'm bored.

Nah, replace it with Gentoo/FreeBSD. C'mon, it doesn't get easier!:KS

beloved88
December 4th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Hey, i like the idea of the OP, for us that have been here for awhile, we know there are alot of other distros that are great, but Ubuntu is very welcoming to newcomers, and i think it has the best position to gain new linux users

NoaHall
December 4th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Hey, but didn't you know? All those bug reports you sent on Windows weren't useless, they just tricked you into thinking that. And you know, a closed source company making the most-popular software in a monopoly like world, of course they are you going to listen to you. It's not like they only care about money, or something.

Sealbhach
December 4th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I had this idea for a totally free operating system that was fast, stable, secure, free as well as all the software that came with it, and you can tweak it to your hearts content. I am mamamia88 and ubuntu was my idea.

Richard?

SunnyRabbiera
December 4th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I am starting to think openSUSE 11.2 was my idea.

Simon17
December 4th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Windows 7 was my idea. Then Micro$uck$ stole it from me and patented it.

Icehuck
December 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I am mamamia88 and ubuntu was my idea.

Actually it was Mark's idea.

Dr Belka
December 4th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Actually it was Mark's idea.

I have a feeling that half of the people reading this thread have never seen the commercial, or they are ignoring that fact that they have.

ElSlunko
December 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I thought, hey I want to transfer files and communicate with people networked somehow through out the world. The internet was my idea. Also, I'm al gore.

Sealbhach
December 4th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I thought, hey I want to transfer files and communicate with people networked somehow through out the world. The internet was my idea. Also, I'm al gore.

I thought, hey I want to rip a hole in the fabric of Space-Time and bring about the collapse of the entire universe. The Large Hadron Collider was my idea.

scottuss
December 4th, 2009, 10:16 AM
lol Win7 parody! When I first heard that commercial I was like wtf.

The one I watched the lady was like "I asked them to fix it and they did", I was thinking "and it only took 20 years"

Its a complete load of marketing crap, they make it sound like its open source and community driven or something.

EDIT:

Heres the one I was talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcNlX7n0zEA

I think that's what they're trying to achieve. The whole "oh so you like Linux because you can make suggestions about what you want in the OS and it gets heard, ah well it's the same with Windows! Honestly! YOU MADE IT, clever YOU!"

Patronising, ridiculous marketing spiel that I've come to expect from Microsoft.

I see it as an achievement for Apple and Open Source communities that Microsoft now have to advertise in ways they didn't before. (At least not over here in the UK)

ElSlunko
December 4th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I thought, hey I want to rip a hole in the fabric of Space-Time and bring about the collapse of the entire universe. The Large Hadron Collider was my idea.

I thought, hey you know what, it would be cool if there were something like the heavens and the earth. I am G*D

sdowney717
December 4th, 2009, 01:07 PM
someone should come up with an add and use a slobbering penguin with a huge tongue hanging out.

madhi19
December 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
You know with Brainstorm we can make the case that Ubuntu is truly our ideas! That would make a wicked youtube video!

Zoot7
December 4th, 2009, 01:23 PM
And you know, a closed source company making the most-popular software in a monopoly like world, of course they are you going to listen to you. It's not like they only care about money, or something.
Definitely! Microsoft REALLY care about their customers and always do their utmost to accommodate them. Making money comes a REALLY distant second.

fatality_uk
December 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM

If the time spent by people in trying to copy Microsoft's idea's were devoted to generating a new wave of viral ad's for Linux, maybe, just maybe more people would be inclined to offer assistance to these projects!

RiceMonster
December 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I'm RiceMonster and this silly thread wasn't my idea.

Tibuda
December 4th, 2009, 02:56 PM

I'm bored.

Replace "GNU/Linux" with "Linux".

pwnst*r
December 4th, 2009, 03:18 PM

sounds lame. please reconsider.

openuniverse
December 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM