PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help me

KAMPARman
December 2nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Dear sir,
I like to install ubuntu 9.10 alone with out any other operating system. But i don't know how. Can you help me? I have 80 gb of hard disk, 2 gb of ram and i using pentium 4 3.0. Where should i install ubuntu? How many partition should be create? How about the size of partition? Please help me. Thank you.

darkod
December 2nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Just boot your computer with the ubuntu cd and select Install Ubuntu. When it asks where to install, step 4, select Use Whole Drive (it was called something like that). That's all you have to do.

PS. Please select more appropriate title for the threads which relate to the problem, not just "help me".

oldfred
December 2nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
I am not sure if this is the most current version but the install is essentially the same for just about all versions of Ubuntu and similair for most versions of linux. This will show you the screens and the steps it takes you thru as Darko said above.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall

stefangr1
December 2nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Dear sir,
I like to install ubuntu 9.10 alone with out any other operating system. But i don't know how. Can you help me? I have 80 gb of hard disk, 2 gb of ram and i using pentium 4 3.0. Where should i install ubuntu? How many partition should be create? How about the size of partition? Please help me. Thank you.

You do know that, if you install Ubuntu by using your entire disk, all data that's currently on it will be lost, right? You have to make a backup of your data on an external device.

Megafag
December 3rd, 2009, 12:05 AM
You do know that, if you install Ubuntu by using your entire disk, all data that's currently on it will be lost, right? You have to make a backup of your data on an external device.

This

Also make sure ubuntu works by running it live first. just boot off an ubuntu USB/CD ect and it should run live. check everything works (except youtube theres something special you have to do for that) and then if you are happy install it.

happy ubuntu-ing.