PDA

View Full Version : How many of you volunteer your time here?

ankspo71
December 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Hi,
I am curious to know more about this great community. I was wondering how many of you volunteer your time here, and how many of you are here because you are looking for something new to do in ubuntu but try to help out other people when possible?

My answer is I am looking for some new ideas to do in Ubuntu, but I try to help out where possible.

Thanks,
James

NoaHall
December 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
I help out a bit. Not all the time, because I'm a bad explainer, but I do if there's just a command or something that needs doing.

Grenage
December 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
I imagine the majority of us are here to both help, and find things that pique our interest.

Bachstelze
December 2nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
I don't think anyone gets paid to post here, so no matter how or when you do it, it's all volunteer work.

RiceMonster
December 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
I don't think anyone gets paid to post here, so no matter how or when you do it, it's all volunteer work.

I get paid $9001 per post

slakkie
December 2nd, 2009, 06:23 PM

I have to pay to post :/

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Sometimes I answer questions in the programming section. That's about it.

Grenage
December 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM

What, over 9000!?

lisati
December 2nd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Some of the contributions to the forum are priceless.

Arthur_D
December 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately, I don't help others as much as I feel I should. But, if there's something I'm quite sure of, and I feel like posting, I do. I'm mostly here to kill time reading T6E, this section and a couple other ones.

gnomeuser
December 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
I volunteer my time to a project that collects old machines from companies and private persons, whip them clean, install Linux on them and ship them to schools in Africa. As for here, I mostly hang out in the development forum and correct misguided posters.

ankspo71
December 2nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
I volunteer my time to a project that collects old machines from companies and private persons, whip them clean, install Linux on them and ship them to schools in Africa.

This is great to hear. That is very nice of you to volunteer that way.

XubuRoxMySox
December 3rd, 2009, 03:09 AM
My Ubuntu/Xubuntu experience has been so trouble-free that I haven't been able to answer alot of the questions in the General Help and Absolute Beginners forums (but I always spend a few minutes there to see if there's a question I can answer), but I've played around with a few desktop environments in Debian/Ubuntu, and I've been able to do some good there. But a couple of my answers had to be corrected, lol.

-Robin

wojox
December 3rd, 2009, 03:16 AM
Keeps me of the streets and out of trouble.

dragos240
December 3rd, 2009, 03:18 AM
If there is something that I happen to see, and it has happened to me. I will help. If not, I'll try.

sandyd
December 3rd, 2009, 04:23 AM
Hi,
I am curious to know more about this great community. I was wondering how many of you volunteer your time here, and how many of you are here because you are looking for something new to do in ubuntu but try to help out other people when possible?

My answer is I am looking for some new ideas to do in Ubuntu, but I try to help out where possible.

Thanks,
James
i actually voleunteer my time here. feels nice knowing that you helped someone w/ a problem.

plus, i do learn some things along the way.
for example.... sudo!=gksudo