PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Icon Font Bug

magusjonny42
December 2nd, 2009, 01:40 AM
Ive been having this problem were the text under an Icon will blur when highlighted. Ive tried cleaning the fontconfig cache manually and with commands

sudo /etc/usr/fc-cache
/etc/usr/fc-cachebut the problem still persists.

Any help is much appreciated.

Links are for images showing the bugged text.
Before: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5082/beforeu.png
After: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2489/afterhc.png

magusjonny42
December 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Bugged text goes away when I disable ¨anti-aliasing¨ in Settings > Appearance.

I would like to have it work with the setting on, my crappy laptop tends to render things torn with it off.

Is this a software or hardware problem? How do I narrow down what is wrong?

Cheers :)

WorLord
December 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=magusjonny42;8423155]Ive been having this problem were the text under an Icon will blur when highlighted. Ive tried cleaning the fontconfig cache manually and with commands

sudo /etc/usr/fc-cache
/etc/usr/fc-cachebut the problem still persists.

...I'm not sure this code actually does anything at all. o.O

magusjonny42
December 6th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I believe its meant to run the fc-cache program, ran the program by clicking on it as well. It was suggested in another forum for a different problem and actually worked until I reformatted with Karmic. I am going to go back to Jaunty.

Also thinking of re-posting this problem.

kerry_s
December 6th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I believe its meant to run the fc-cache program, ran the program by clicking on it as well. It was suggested in another forum for a different problem and actually worked until I reformatted with Karmic. I am going to go back to Jaunty.

Also thinking of re-posting this problem.

the command is: sudo fc-cache -vf

what fonts do you have set in the settings?

magusjonny42
January 13th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Tried using numerous differant fonts from Arial, Times New Roman, Sans, Serif, Century Schoolbook.

Oh and I should mention that the bug only happens on the desktop icons, others like the icons within my file manager are not affected it seems.

Lastly the same thing is happening within CrossOver, my cross platform app. Pics of those buged font effects are bellow.