PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sarg error

munchi3s
December 1st, 2009, 11:23 PM
I am using squid3 to proxy a local network. I have sarg setup to publish the access log on a intranet server for the LAN to view. I have my main server set up with a mounted ftp drive that is the webserver for our network. I have sarg (with webmin) setup to record its reports to /mnt/squid-reports which is the webserver but for some reason every time I try to get a report I get an error message as below:

Now generating Sarg report from Squid log file /var/log/squid3/access.log and all rotated versions ..

sarg -l /var/log/squid3/access.log.1
SARG: (report) Cannot open file: /var/www/squid-reports/2009Nov17-2009Dec01/sarg-general
.. Sarg failed! See the output above for details.

No matter where I tell sarg to put the files it always gives me the same error. Does anyone know what is going on?

Ilalmi
December 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
I assume you already checked the usual suspects (file owner and permissions, disk space).
Have you tried sarg -x to get some additional information?

munchi3s
December 2nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, Permissions are not an issue and neither is disk space. I will try sarg -x

munchi3s
December 3rd, 2009, 01:43 AM
Well I got SARG to write agian but it still won't write to the mounted directory. So instead of having the mounted directory of the apache server for hosting I will have the apache server connect to the main server for its information. I still havn't fixed the problem. If anyone knows why SARG had this error please tell me.

Thanks