PDA

View Full Version : Asphalt is delicious

-grubby
December 1st, 2009, 09:07 PM
http://www.crossroadspaving.com/images/asphalt-paving-repair.jpg

My mouth is watering.

RiceMonster
December 1st, 2009, 09:08 PM
Mmmmh.... I can't wait for dinner tonight!

-grubby
December 1st, 2009, 09:09 PM
Screw waiting for dinner, I'm having some asphalt bars.

FuturePilot
December 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
Screw waiting for dinner, I'm having some asphalt bars.

Nice and crunchy.

-grubby
December 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
And by the way, adding some road paint makes it even better:

http://anneminard.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/road.jpg

kellemes
December 1st, 2009, 09:11 PM
I like to lick it..

-grubby
December 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
I like to lick it..

Oh boy... Asphalt Popsicles! I think we're going to have an asphalt buffet, soon!

Tristam Green
December 1st, 2009, 09:15 PM
Mix in some creosote sauce, and you got yourself a winner!

RiceMonster
December 1st, 2009, 09:15 PM
I'm going to stop by McAsphalt's on my way home from work.

lisati
December 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM

My mouth is watering.

Looks potentially too crumbly.

FuturePilot
December 1st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Looks potentially too crubmbly.

It's best served crumbly though.

Greg
December 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Asphalt is overrated.

Tristam Green
Looks potentially too crubmbly.

Asphalt Crumb Coffee Cake, brought to you by

http://www.hofstra.edu/images/lpp_Entenmanns.jpg

Skripka
Asphalt is overrated.

Asphalt is the new Bacon.

Tristam Green
December 1st, 2009, 09:21 PM

Wendy's is introducing their newest baked potato tomorrow, the Asphaltater.

Greg

Burnt bacon, maybe.

Now steel shavings...

-grubby
I'm going to stop by McAsphalt's on my way home from work.

Asphalt king is better.

-grubby
December 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Burnt bacon, maybe.

Now steel shavings...

Personally, I think steel shavings mixed with asphalt is pretty good.

Greg
December 1st, 2009, 09:27 PM
Personally, I think steel shavings mixed with asphalt is pretty good.

I'd drink (a grease-oil cocktail) to that!

pricetech
December 1st, 2009, 09:37 PM
Sort of favors my Wife's Rice Krispie Treats.*

* Trademark Kelloggs I'm pretty sure, though Kraft may have some trademark rights too.

Skripka
December 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
I'd drink (a grease-oil cocktail) to that!

My brother has a bucket of used 30W motor oil in his garage if you want it.

FuturePilot
December 1st, 2009, 09:45 PM
My brother has a bucket of used 30W motor oil in his garage if you want it.

Not anymore, I accidentally the whole bucket.

Skripka
December 1st, 2009, 09:49 PM

Never fear, There's another one out by my shed, that was left by the prior owners....not sure if it is 30W though.

subdivision
December 1st, 2009, 11:14 PM

The whole thing?!

Ric_NYC
December 1st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Tastes like chicken.

overdrank
December 1st, 2009, 11:27 PM

My mouth is watering.

Never thought I would see open graded cold mix on the forums. :D

subdivision
December 1st, 2009, 11:28 PM
Never thought I would see open graded cold mix on the forums. :D

You, sir, sound as though you know your asphalt. :P

fatcrab
December 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM
I like mine with a big dollop of hot tar on it.

schauerlich
December 1st, 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm more partial to Quikrete, myself.

Skripka
December 1st, 2009, 11:37 PM
The whole thing?!

A 5 gallon bucket' worth. Lots of tasty metal in it too.

subdivision
December 1st, 2009, 11:46 PM
A 5 gallon bucket' worth. Lots of tasty metal in it too.

So is it.. is it still there?

Skripka
December 1st, 2009, 11:47 PM
So is it.. is it still there?

FuturePilot downed the 1st one....still another one lying around here.

FuturePilot
December 2nd, 2009, 12:31 AM
The whole thing?!

The whole thing.

amingv
December 2nd, 2009, 12:38 AM
God bless bikes, for introducing so many youngsters to asphalt.

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 01:38 AM
FuturePilot downed the 1st one....still another one lying around here.

Yeah, I've got one too. I'm saving it for myself, though.

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 01:40 AM
Cut me a slice!

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 02:06 AM
Cut me a slice!

Asphalt king is over there, go buy some of your own.

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
Oh yeah. I'll get some by doing this:

1. Ride bicycle.

2. Attempt to do a backflip without building up speed.

3. ???

4. Profit.

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 02:14 AM
Make sure to give me the bicycle afterwards, I'm hungry.

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 02:15 AM
Make sure to give me the bicycle afterwards, I'm hungry.

You'll get lots of iron from it!

subdivision
December 2nd, 2009, 02:18 AM
You'll get lots of iron from it!

Possibly carbon fiber and titanium as well!

amingv
December 2nd, 2009, 02:19 AM
Oh yeah. I'll get some by doing this:

1. Ride bicycle.

2. Attempt to do a backflip without building up speed.

3. ???

4. Profit.

Or you can build up speed and use the front brakes.
That's how I get my asphalt.

FuturePilot
December 2nd, 2009, 02:19 AM
Possibly carbon fiber and titanium as well!

Don't forget rubber!

subdivision
December 2nd, 2009, 02:23 AM
Don't forget rubber!

You're right. The rubber may be the best part of all.

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 02:38 AM
You're right. The rubber may be the best part of all.

Ah, yes. Brings back memories。Roasting the tire at thanksgiving. ;)

Good times.......

subdivision
December 2nd, 2009, 02:39 AM
Ah, yes. Brings back memories。Roasting the tire at thanksgiving. ;)

Good times.......

Did you coat the tire with asphalt?

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
Did you coat the tire with asphalt?

No. We stuffed it. There's nothing like good asphalt with a fresh tire.

subdivision
December 2nd, 2009, 02:42 AM
No. We stuffed it. There's nothing like good asphalt with a fresh tire.

Sounds tasty.

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 02:43 AM
Don't forget the wood chippings!

subdivision
December 2nd, 2009, 02:43 AM
Don't forget the wood chippings!

I can't afford the wood chippings on my salary.

RiceMonster
December 2nd, 2009, 02:44 AM
I can't afford the wood chippings on my salary.

nails taste better and are more affordable

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 02:45 AM
Sounds tasty.

It is! Slightly salty with the taste of all the minerals in the fresh soil that the tire has picked up. Full of rich sediment.

subdivision
December 2nd, 2009, 02:46 AM
nails taste better and are more affordable

Finally, a topping for the common man!

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 02:52 AM
I need to get my cake recipe out. Lets see here...

Fish shaped crackers,
Fish shaped candies,
fish shaped solid waste,
fish shaped dirt,
fish shaped ethylbenzene,
pull and peel liquorish,
fish shaped volatile, organic compounds,
and sediment shaped sediment.

Sounds easy enough.

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 02:54 AM
Sorry, I'm just a wood chippings aficionado

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 02:55 AM
Huh, six pages of this, this thread is......

STILL ALIVE!

stuart.reinke
December 2nd, 2009, 03:02 AM
I find asphalt is to sophisticated for my palette. I prefer plain gravel.

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 03:06 AM
Wow, this graphite tastes awesome.

Skripka
December 2nd, 2009, 03:06 AM
Huh, six pages of this, this thread is......

STILL ALIVE!

Set to 75/posts per page. Newb. ;)

dragos240
December 2nd, 2009, 03:08 AM
Set to 75/posts per page. Newb. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/esn1g/Misc/no_u.jpg

Kingsley
December 2nd, 2009, 03:56 AM
I like to lick it..
There are children on this forum!

momrocker
December 2nd, 2009, 05:33 AM
There are children on this forum!

lol! :lolflag:

Sin@Sin-Sacrifice
December 2nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
This has to be the strangest conversation I have ever seen. I ate asphalt a few times on my Dyno and... it wasn't that great. Wish I still had that bike.

amingv
December 2nd, 2009, 08:14 AM
This has to be the strangest conversation I have ever seen. I ate asphalt a few times on my Dyno and... it wasn't that great. Wish I still had that bike.

Maybe you're more of a concrete person?

Aflack
December 2nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
I prefer cement.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
A long time ago I rolled my 4 wheel drive Landcruiser, (it went over more than once) I was thrown through the hole where the hard top roof had once been, for 60 meters!? (I still can't believe that myself) & landed on my face & left shoulder on the asphalt.

Having landed on my face & left shoulder, I obviously broke most of my face;- both mandibles, cheeks separated, nose gone, the left orbit was crushed, as was my palate; I had hole in my forehead that you could probably almost squeeze a golf ball through (thankfully, as it saved me from pressure on the brain - damage), my left eye had the macula damaged which has caused permanently distorted vision in that eye.

Thankfully, I only left a little a smudge of the grey matter from my frontal lobe on the precious asphalt.

After which I suffer only constant & chronic fatigue, short term memory loss, diminished intelligence, disturbed sleep pattern & insomnia, loss of the sense of smell (due to the severing of the olfactory nerve), distorted vision, stuffed left shoulder, & near constant happiness & gratitude. :)

So therefore I say, as one who has probably (& hopefully) had more experience at eating asphalt than you lot... It ain't all bad.

Though I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. ](*,)

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
A long time ago I rolled my 4 wheel drive Landcruiser, (it went over more than once) I was thrown through the hole where the hard top roof had once been, for 60 meters!? (I still can't believe that myself) & landed on my face & left shoulder on the asphalt.

Having landed on my face & left shoulder, I obviously broke most of my face;- both mandibles, cheeks separated, nose gone, the left orbit was crushed, as was my palate; I had hole in my forehead that you could probably almost squeeze a golf ball through (thankfully, as it saved me from pressure on the brain - damage), my left eye had the macula damaged which has caused permanently distorted vision in that eye.

Thankfully, I only left a little a smudge of the grey matter from my frontal lobe on the precious asphalt.

After which I suffer only constant & chronic fatigue, short term memory loss, diminished intelligence, disturbed sleep pattern & insomnia, loss of the sense of smell (due to the severing of the olfactory nerve), distorted vision, stuffed left shoulder, & near constant happiness & gratitude. :)

So therefore I say, as one who has probably (& hopefully) had more experience at eating asphalt than you lot... It ain't all bad.

Though I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. ](*,)

:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||

Well, I think this thread is over.

cascade9
December 2nd, 2009, 05:17 PM
@ handy- Gah! nasty. Beats my effort, mind you, I only had human power and hill to help...

God bless bikes, for introducing so many youngsters to asphalt.

Thats where I got my 1st taste of asphalt, dirt road, concrete and plywood. Asphalt is nice in some ways, a bit softer than concrete, but tastes awful. Concrete is hard but at least it doesn't get stuck in your wounds. (I still sometimes get little zits that end up being small chunks of gravel percolating out of my skin, and its been years since I landed on my face). Plywood rules :)

LinuxFanBoi
December 2nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200907/b3da0411d0f2d227048d41445cf559a2.jpg

Is this guy thinking what I'm thinking? Lunch!

alphaniner
December 2nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
I still sometimes get little zits that end up being small chunks of gravel percolating out of my skin

Thank you for ruining my appetite. And my desire to ever drink percolated coffee again.

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Well, I think this thread is over.

Truly Nathan, the humour on the subject bothers me not a jot. What I say below is light hearted.

I lost my anger & frustration due to the accident imposed limitations roughly 16 years ago, though it took me 10 years to do it. lol

So don't mind me, I'm just spitting it out without any connected emotion. :D

If for some strange & unexpected reason it happens to stop someone else from biting the dreaded asphalt, well then good. ;)

Apart from that, you guys finding ways to make fun out of asphalt really is a first for me. Who would'a thunk it? Oh yeh, Nathan done it!

We've had recent summers with days so hot that the asphalt sticks to your tyres... Try washing that out of your hair if you to a nose dive into it? lol

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
I guess I'm glad to hear that you're not offended, but mentioning the accident kinda ruined the fun a little.

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
(I still sometimes get little zits that end up being small chunks of gravel percolating out of my skin, and its been years since I landed on my face). :)

I don't have any bits rising to the surface anymore. 26 years since the face plant & 35 years since the elbows + plant. :-}

I do have some bits still left in my face from the swan dive out of the Landcruiser though it seems that they are staying put.

I also still have some rather larger pieces in my left elbow from the time that my Mach III Kawasaki had an unexpected & still unexplained front brake lock-up on a dirt track (long story) which threw me over the handlebars onto my elbows & knees onto the gravel road at about 50 mph. Ow!

After that day I always rode my motorcycles with leather pants, jacket, boots & gloves.

Riddle me this?

If you fall of something & go flying through the air, what part of your body are you naturally going to put down first in an effort to protect the rest of your body?

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
you'll never believe why this was an accidental double post. :)

Skripka
December 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Riddle me this?

If you fall of something & go flying through the air, what part of your body are you naturally going to put down first in an effort to protect the rest of your body?

"Naturally", your instinct is to put out your hands/arms to stop yourself...an instinct which for cyclists usually results in broken collarbones or wrists.

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
I guess I'm glad to hear that you're not offended, but mentioning the accident kinda ruined the fun a little.

Sorry, that wasn't my intention.

My mind just mostly works on association. I love it when it gets inspiration. :)

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
"Naturally", your instinct is to put out your hands/arms to stop yourself...an instinct which for cyclists usually results in broken collarbones or wrists.

I can't believe how many people I see riding bikes of any kind motorised or not, in Oz, without gloves (or protective boots) for that matter!?

Boy can gravel rashed hands make life hard for a person. Let alone if they get beyond gravel rash & head towards shredding.

Sorry again Nathan...

-grubby
December 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Sorry, that wasn't my intention.

My mind just mostly works on association. I love it when it gets inspiration. :)

Okay, no problem :).

cascade9
December 2nd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Thank you for ruining my appetite. And my desire to ever drink percolated coffee again.

You welcome! I spose I shouldn't say anything about using overproof rum as a disinfectant or tea bags to ...er.....opps, sorry. ;) If I keep going your have nothing left to drink LOL

I can't believe how many people I see riding bikes of any kind motorised or not, in Oz, without gloves (or protective boots) for that matter!?

Boy can gravel rashed hands make life hard for a person. Let alone if they get beyond gravel rash & head towards shredding.

Sorry again Nathan...

I rarely ride with gloves, the sweat it causes is more likely to cause a crash than the protection factor helps. IMO, for me anyway. Never with boots. They totally kill the pedal feel. Its cost me a few times, but I've healed. You cant even see the scars on my palms without knowing where to look.

BTW, over 20 years since my faceplant and still I get gravel coming out. I also get the odd bit from my knees and shins as well. Umm *blocks alphaniners ears* thats because when I did my face, I was living overseas in a country where they didnt know anything about how to clean out gravel. When I did my wrist a few years later, I actually cleaned out the wound myself (much to the shock of the nurse, she nearly flipped her wig).

True. Most people never learn to roll on landing. I've crashed...er.....I forget, lots of times, a few semi-serious, and never broken a bone thanks to learning how to roll. Ohh, and luck.

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
I rarely ride with gloves, the sweat it causes is more likely to cause a crash than the protection factor helps. IMO, for me anyway. Never with boots. They totally kill the pedal feel. Its cost me a few times, but I've healed. You cant even see the scars on my palms without knowing where to look.

I was pointing my comment more specifically at motorcycles, but hell man, surely they make really thin gloves that still offer some protection for you palms if you have to plant them, but don't just become something else to pick out of the wound?

BTW, over 20 years since my faceplant and still I get gravel coming out. I also get the odd bit from my knees and shins as well. Umm *blocks alphaniners ears* thats because when I did my face, I was living overseas in a country where they didnt know anything about how to clean out gravel. When I did my wrist a few years later, I actually cleaned out the wound myself (much to the shock of the nurse, she nearly flipped her wig).

I had a superb team (lucked out, best in the country) for my face plant, the guy that worked on my elbow had no bloody idea what he was doing, half of the multiple local anaesthetics he blew the needle off of the end of the syringe & squirted the analgesia in my eye! lol

True. Most people never learn to roll on landing. I've crashed...er.....I forget, lots of times, a few semi-serious, and never broken a bone thanks to learning how to roll. Ohh, and luck.

I was young once too... :)

These days I keep finding new ways to hurt as I get older...

alphaniner
December 2nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
...overproof rum as a disinfectant or tea bags...

Nah, that stuff doesn't bother me. It's just the image of things coming up from under the skin seriously creeps me out. It's a mild phobia I guess.

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
Nah, that stuff doesn't bother me. It's just the image of things coming up from under the skin seriously creeps me out. It's a mild phobia I guess.

Just think of it as a black head? :)

cascade9
December 2nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
I'm glad you had a decent team on your face stuff, or else...well, you might still be here but quality of life might be a lot, lot lower. Pity about the elbow but I'd rather have a dodgy elbow and a working brain than the other way around.

I was pointing my comment more specifically at motorcycles, but hell man, surely they make really thin gloves that still offer some protection for you palms if you have to plant them, but don't just become something else to pick out of the wound?

alphaniner, you dont want to read this. ;) Back to 'new posts' LOL. *edit- good, its just the 'stuff coming up from under the skin' you find disturbing. Handys right, its just like a blackhead. Nothing that nasty. But an understandable thing to go 'ewwuughhh' at.

I've found thin gloves pretty much useless. Besides that, my sweat is kind of corrosive. Sweating in gloves tend to make them die within a few months at best, and in gloves my hands sweat like a desert explorer in a rubber suit. It also tends to make the grips slippery, and I have crashed as a result fo that. Much to my disgust, thats the time I land on my shoulder. :S

If I was riding a motorbike it would be a different story. I doubt I've gone over 70K/ph on my bike lately, I've got aroudn that before. 100k/ph is something totally different. I can see why gloves matter mmore then. Personally, in part because of my issues I can understand why some people on motorbikes dont wear them.....but I see people quite often on GSX-R 1100s, etc. wearing shotrs, t-shirt and thongs (thats flipflops for the UK, and gawds only know what they are called in the US). Insanity.

Edit 2- Thanks Tristam Green, I thought that it was flipflops in the US as well, but couldnt remember. Too much eating asphalt LOL. All I knew for sure is that 'thongs' in the US is something totally different. I really dont want to see any of the people I normally see riding motorbikes doing it in US thongs :shock:

nikolas2
December 2nd, 2009, 06:58 PM
It'd be like eating Wheat Bix without milk :).

Tristam Green
December 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
thongs (thats flipflops for the UK, and gawds only know what they are called in the US). Insanity.

Flipflops here, dude.

schauerlich
December 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Back on topic:

OM NOM NOM

handy
December 3rd, 2009, 04:22 AM
@cascade9: I just noticed (due to the thongs bit) that you are a cane toad!

Good to see. :)

Actually so were the girls I imagined riding motorcycles in the other kind... :shock:

I'll be quiet now... ;)

the yawner
December 3rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
This thread reminded me that some people are already offering asphalt in small servings. (http://www.asphaltinabag.co.nz/home.html) :D

cascade9
December 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
@cascade9: I just noticed (due to the thongs bit) that you are a cane toad!

Good to see. :)

No, er....I just live here. I am from NSW originally, but I've moved around a lot.

BTW, the asphalt here tastes the same as it does anywhere else in australia I've been, but foreign asphalt is different. Strange and exotic till you get used it ;)

handy
December 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
No, er....I just live here. I am from NSW originally, but I've moved around a lot.

That's cool too. You are just currently surrounded by cane toads then. :)

BTW, the asphalt here tastes the same as it does anywhere else in australia I've been, but foreign asphalt is different. Strange and exotic till you get used it ;)

Hm, I guess this is where I say, that its no skin off my nose... ;)

wilee-nilee
December 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
MMMM tarry.

pricetech
December 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Anybody besides me remember glassphault ???

liamnixon
December 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
This thread reminded me that some people are already offering asphalt in small servings. (http://www.asphaltinabag.co.nz/home.html) :D

Hey, perfect for chowin' down on the go! Gotta get me some. \\:D/