PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] power management battery problem

hebebl
December 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
hi all,
the power management tool seems not working in my laptop, it cannot distinguish b/w ac and battery modes, it does not show the battery percentage and it says that battery is fully charged (without any percentage information) although i'm pretty much sure it is not. how do i solve this?
thanks in advance.

huwjenjinn
December 15th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I sadly have a similar problem under Ubuntu 9.10 on an ancient Toshiba Satellite 4100 XCDT laptop.

My power management option is set to always show icon but it just continues to show what looks like the A/C connected symbol. Without ever seeing the running on battery icon I'm pretty sure that's how I'd draw an A/C connected icon. All this whilst being entirely oblivious to the A/C actually being connected, or not.

Any help appreciated.

huwjenjinn
December 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Just for kicks I installed Kpowersave and it seems to behave in the same way as the built in power management scheme.

I can only ever see the AC connected symbol, which is still regardless of whether it's physically true or not.

So, whatever is wrong in my configuration it's affecting both the Kpowersave and built in power management tool.

CJay554
December 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, i have the same problem on my even older thinkpad ibm 240, the usb is brocken so i had to install through another laptop, then configure the hardware through the dpkg-reconfigure script. Everything works fine except of course the power manager, kpowermanager or the gnome power manager... they show im plugged in, and im not, unless my laptop has some ancient super powers that i dont know about o.o

im not even sure what the problem could be other than that the laptop is so old its barely supported through generic drivers.

Dans564
February 21st, 2010, 07:13 PM
same problem here on my macbook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!