PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal apocalypse

MelancholicKitten
December 1st, 2009, 08:25 AM
Discuss what your favored apocalyptic event would be, or how you would like to see life on this planet end. Zombies, aliens, and natural disasters seem to be the most popular, but a little bit of creativity shan't hurt, aye? Well, I suppose the apocalypse might hurt a wee bit, but we can take it in stride.

PurposeOfReason
December 1st, 2009, 08:29 AM
If the world ended I'd like it to go quietly in my sleep thank you very much. If it had to be "epic" I'd go with zombies. I've talked with friends for countless hours on our plan for this.

Isengrin
December 1st, 2009, 08:29 AM
I support Suzumiya Haruhi getting bored of the world, and recreating it from scratch.

cespinal
December 1st, 2009, 08:37 AM
yup.....some day chuck norris will say...ok. I'm fed up...at that will be IT

armageddon08
December 1st, 2009, 08:41 AM
I would really like to see aliens. Perfect for armageddon.

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:43 AM
I would really like to see aliens. Perfect for armageddon.armageddon08 this seems like a thread tailor made for your username. :p

ZankerH
December 1st, 2009, 08:44 AM
"Ideal apocalypse"? Oxymoron.

We're a way for the universe to know itself. The only thing beneficial about us disappearing from it would be if we found a new, more complex one somehow.

handy
December 1st, 2009, 08:45 AM
All life on Earth phasing into a parallel universe in their sleep, where they wake to the realisation that the old one was just a bad dream.

AllRadioisDead
December 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
Zombies, I might as well have some fun before I die.

tjwoosta
December 1st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Scientists reanimate prehistoric fossils and eventually genetically engineer a giant pterodactyl that can survive in space because he has his own gravitational pull. He gets pissed off one day at all the people shooting at him with nuclear weapons and knocks the moon out of orbit so it comes crashing into earth. People somehow manage to survive the collision, but eventually die out from starvation, radiation poisoning from the attacks on the pterodactyl, and lack of oxygen after the earth loses its atmosphere because the cooling of the once molten core of the earth lead to the loss of the magnetosphere.

KIAaze
December 1st, 2009, 08:54 AM
A segmentation fault.

lisati
December 1st, 2009, 08:54 AM
All life on Earth phasing into a parallel universe in their sleep, where they wake to the realisation that the old one was just a bad dream.
+1

I have asked myself once or twice, what if life as we know it turns out to be some kind of cosmic practical joke, but, as yet, haven't come up with a satisfactory answer.

MelancholicKitten
December 1st, 2009, 09:01 AM
All life on Earth phasing into a parallel universe in their sleep, where they wake to the realization that the old one was just a bad dream.

Beautiful, my dear.

Isengrin
December 1st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Scientists reanimate prehistoric fossils and eventually genetically engineer a giant pterodactyl that can survive in space because he has his own gravitational pull. He gets pissed off one day at all the people shooting at him with nuclear weapons and knocks the moon out of orbit so it comes crashing into earth. People somehow manage to survive the collision, but eventually die out from starvation, radiation poisoning from the attacks on the pterodactyl, and lack of oxygen after the earth loses its atmosphere because the cooling of the once molten core of the earth lead to the loss of the magnetosphere.

This is as awesome, if not more, than that demotivational poster of the Star Wars guys playing live.

ZankerH
December 1st, 2009, 09:47 AM
+1

I have asked myself once or twice, what if life as we know it turns out to be some kind of cosmic practical joke, but, as yet, haven't come up with a satisfactory answer.

Everything you know is in your head, we're all just a figment of your imagination.

Sorry, you weren't supposed to find out yet, must be your mind playing tricks on you.

infestor
December 1st, 2009, 09:57 AM
chemical holocaust (preferably vx) and half life 2 alike fascistic government backed up by combine.
oh, and there is no gordon freeman.

SunnyRabbiera
December 1st, 2009, 10:00 AM
I choose between aliens, meteors or zombies.
If its aliens I hope it will be Daleks.

MaxIBoy
December 1st, 2009, 10:01 AM
http://www.atom.com/funny_videos/shorties_oswalt_apocalypse/

wilee-nilee
December 1st, 2009, 12:09 PM
+1

Could we just be a petri dish in a larger experiment or observation.

RabbitWho
December 1st, 2009, 12:17 PM
I'd like it if all humans just painlessly drifted off to sleep.

Or if there was some kind of flesh eating virus that made people blissfully happy and gave them the feeling (but not the action, because that's undignified) of orgasm before they died.

iKonaK
December 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
The universe has started to implode but since the light take's too long to reach us, we could find that the universe already started his death millions of years ago and most of the observable galaxy's were destroyed very long tine ago.
:popcorn:

Sand & Mercury
December 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1737/1232069352893lq6.jpg

ZankerH
December 1st, 2009, 12:38 PM
The Day after tomorrow scenario. You're freezing to death, and the last thing you hear is Al Gore screaming "I TOLD YOU SO".

the8thstar
December 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
The apocalypse would be that God actually talks to me instead of being the man-created fantasy I think it is.

mechro
December 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Ubuntu Apocalyptic Anchovy is released and gets no support requests on the Ubuntu forums apart from a lone Windows Plexiglass troll.

madnessjack
December 1st, 2009, 01:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_%28video_game%29

just gimmie a pistol and a green spacesuit - i dream about this apocalypse :)

gnomeuser
December 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM
An apocalypse to remember.. well I think if the world does have to end, I would prefer the atheist apocalypse as predicted by many a evangelist.

That or zombies, gotta love zombies, a zombie attack can spruce up any home, just think of the innovative uses one can put rusty old garden equipment to if provoked by the undead.

cholericfun
December 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM
how bout sun exploding?

what fascinates me about the apocalypse is peoples obsession about the apocalypse.

AllRadioisDead
December 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM
So the pterodactyl wasn't friendly? I like friendly pterodactyl's better. :(
We should name it fluffy. He could have his own childrens show. Fluffy - The space pterodactyl!:popcorn:

Cuddles McKitten
December 1st, 2009, 01:52 PM
I'd enjoy one where 95-99% of the population spontaneously transformed into candy... assuming I didn't get transmogrified and got to eat everyone else.

calrogman
December 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Worldwide Boatmurdered is all I'm saying.

SLEEPER_V
December 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
one where Jessica Alba, Olivia Wilde and I survive.

Sporkman
December 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Get absorbed by a black hole.

Go, LHC!! :D

koshatnik
December 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Giant electric penguins.

hkgonra
December 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
The Day after tomorrow scenario. You're freezing to death, and the last thing you hear is Al Gore screaming "I TOLD YOU SO".

Too late, he has already been debunked.

earthpigg
December 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM
modern medicine continues to breed superbugs. (this actually happens now. Malaria medicine from 15 years ago will do nothing to protect you from 2009 Malaria. the bugs have evolved.)

a situation is created wherein only the top 5-10% wealthiest/most powerful are able to afford the needed medicine. everyone else dies off.

the 6 million people left on earth are all unable to survive without a constant and rediculously unnatural concoction of medicines.

then, the supercorporation's vaccine plant is destroyed by a rather large explosion of unknown origin, along with the only copies of the super-secret data on how to make the stuff. (they did not have an off site backup for security reasons.)

vaccine warehouses eventually run out of supplies.

the next generation of human babies cannot survive past infancy.

decades pass, with no babies able to survive past infancy outside of super-expensive biodomes. biospheres are occassionaly contaminated and young humans die hundreds at a time.

the last few scientists working on recreating the supervaccines able to combat the superbugs... die of old age.

the last humans are in the biodomes... oases of human life sprinkled about. one by one, contaminants get in and they are wiped out.

the last remaining biodome desperately attempts to establish a second biodome to create some redundancy. the second dome is nearly complete when both are contaminated due to a structural flaw that existed in the first, and was replicated in the second.

then the giant pterodactyl shows up and eats everyone.

Megrimn
December 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
once, there was an ugly guy. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end.

Sporkman
December 1st, 2009, 06:51 PM
once, there was an ugly guy. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end.

Wait, that can't happen!!

Psumi
December 1st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Succubi.

RaZe42
December 1st, 2009, 07:12 PM
Suddenly, everything just isn't there. And never has been there. And never will be there.

It's somewhere else.

Barrucadu
December 1st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Zombies, or Daleks.

PuddingKnife
December 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM
energy crises mixed with pyramid scheme economy resulting in resource wars and global famine.

oh wait, ideal??

handy
December 2nd, 2009, 01:22 AM
I watched the movie "2012" last night.

Any apocalypse would have to be put together better than that movie about one was.

Even the great cast couldn't save that pile of rubbish.

MaxIBoy
December 7th, 2009, 05:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuraTmMfspk