PDA

View Full Version : Word of goo name your own price highest by deb.linux users

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:02 AM
EDIT: please note I made a request for the title to be changed to;

"Word of goo name your own price highest by deb.linux users."

to help avoid confusion.

__________________________________________________ _______________

For the name-your-price World of Goo anniversary sale, deb linux users (this means you Ubuntu users) spent more money on software then Apple, Windows and all other Linux users...

Breakdown By Platform

We were expecting the average price paid to be highest for Linux users and lowest for Windows users, but the gap was larger than we thought it would be…

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=138220&d=1259650502

Also, the per-platform download breakdown was pretty surprising, with Windows accounting for 65%, and Mac and Linux pretty much splitting the remainder evenly:

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=138221&d=1259650502http://2dboy.com/page/2/

Interesting that from a marketing stand point Linux users overall paid more money then Apple users, but most notable is that Linux users were about equal to Apple users.

Time for corporations to wake up and smell my Linux!

cespinal
December 1st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Nice.... but the post looks out of context unless you click on that article and read it whole :P

OMG 3.50$! we are just totally going into bankrupcy :)

jrusso2
December 1st, 2009, 08:12 AM
Subject is misleading if you read the article.

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Nice.... but the post looks out of context unless you click on that article and read it whole :P

OMG 3.50$! we are just totally going into bankrupcy :)It is important for readers to read the article in full...

83,250 total purchases at 8% = 6660 (deb users) at an average of $3.50 = $23,310! not small potatoes!

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:17 AM
Subject is misleading if you read the article.

how so? I would call it empirical validation.

When given the opportunity to name their price, deb users spent more money, how more cut and dry do you want it?

jrusso2
December 1st, 2009, 08:17 AM
Its misleading to extend this to all software.

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:19 AM
Its misleading to extend this to all software.
Thats a bit ridiculous, I simply ran out of room on the title!

...hence the link: http://2dboy.com/page/2/ explains it all!

I guess I could have made the link the title?

jrusso2
December 1st, 2009, 08:23 AM
There is no way for me to know you ran out of room? Maybe it should be worded different.

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:24 AM
There is no way for me to know you ran out of room? Maybe it should be worded different.Come up with better wording and I'll gladly ask the staff to change it...

jrusso2
December 1st, 2009, 08:28 AM
World of goo name your own price won by deb.linux users.

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
World of goo name your own price won by deb.linux users.
Okay sounds good to me, I'll ask the staff to change it.

PS: My apologies for the confusion on my bad wording for the title.

EDIT done. with one small change:

Please change title to: "Word of goo name your own price highest by deb.linux users."

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 08:46 AM
World of goo name your own price won by deb.linux users.Thanks again jrusso2...and Thanks to forestpiskie for the change of the title.
:p:p:p

handy
December 1st, 2009, 09:29 AM
You left out the "l". oops... ;)

HappinessNow
December 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
You left out the "l". oops... ;)LOL...that is pretty funny! :p

stupid "l" lol :lolflag:

JBAlaska
December 1st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Am I the only idot that had to google "World of goo" to find out WTH this was all about lol.

Dragonbite
December 1st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Am I the only idot that had to google "World of goo" to find out WTH this was all about lol.

Um... no, you are not the only one.

But the statistics are an interesting one.

Grenage
December 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Wish I had known that offer was on...

Junkieman
December 2nd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Interesting to note that the average payment for South Africa, our little 3rd world country, is above UK, and just two below US. thats 4.2 times more payment than the country per capita!

"This is of course a totally flawed measurement because we’re pretty sure that the people who bought the game don’t represent the socioeconomic fabric of the country they live in."

Still its measures people's attitude towards donating, with an average linked to location; Wonder if age also played a part in this?

rudihawk
December 2nd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Interesting to note that the average payment for South Africa, our little 3rd world country, is above UK, and just two below US. thats 4.2 times more payment than the country per capita!

Still its measures people's attitude towards donating, with an average linked to location; Wonder if age also played a part in this?

Yea, the SA stats are quite surprising :)