PDA

View Full Version : Cedega not launching the setup.exe's

peter_barb
January 31st, 2005, 05:38 PM
I installed cedega just now it doesn't seem to be launching the setup files... I type in the command, it doesn't do anything. I will be willing to let someone do SSHD to see what the problem is.. that is how ansioux I am.

jdodson
January 31st, 2005, 06:42 PM
I installed cedega just now it doesn't seem to be launching the setup files... I type in the command, it doesn't do anything. I will be willing to let someone do SSHD to see what the problem is.. that is how ansioux I am.

are you in the directory with the .exe file? remember gnu/linux console is case sensitive so if the file is QW.EXE you have to type it in all caps.

so basically if you are in the directory and you know because you can type "ls" and you get something like:

QW.EXE
QW.DOC
foo.dll
bar.dll

you can then type:

cedega ./QW.EXE

and it "should" work.

peter_barb
January 31st, 2005, 07:20 PM
are you in the directory with the .exe file? remember gnu/linux console is case sensitive so if the file is QW.EXE you have to type it in all caps.

so basically if you are in the directory and you know because you can type "ls" and you get something like:

QW.EXE
QW.DOC
foo.dll
bar.dll

you can then type:

cedega ./QW.EXE

and it "should" work.
Yeah, I do that.. I type it in, and it just acts like nothing happend and "peter@LANParty:~ $
" appears again :P

jdodson
January 31st, 2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I do that.. I type it in, and it just acts like nothing happend and "peter@LANParty:~ $
" appears again :P

what game or app are you trying to run?

peter_barb
January 31st, 2005, 08:15 PM
what game or app are you trying to run?
I am trying FarCry, but even then any other game doesn't work. I even tryed Doom 3

jdodson
January 31st, 2005, 08:28 PM
I am trying FarCry, but even then any other game doesn't work. I even tryed Doom 3

do you have your 3D video card drivers setup up correctly? what kind of card are you using?

http://www.ubuntuguide.org - for info on how to do that.

there is no error message generated at all?

try running tuxkart. it is a game that you can apt-get from universe.

peter_barb
January 31st, 2005, 08:31 PM
do you have your 3D video card drivers setup up correctly? what kind of card are you using?

http://www.ubuntuguide.org - for info on how to do that.

there is no error message generated at all?

try running tuxkart. it is a game that you can apt-get from universe.
Thats the part where i need help :P

Can someone please help me to see if they are in properly? I am still a newbie!

<b>EDIT</b>: For Doom 3, I tryed another .exe file! It launched the setup... but look what it shows... http://peterbarbosa.com/Screenshot.png

fng
January 31st, 2005, 09:02 PM
doom3 has native linux executables. I would use those instead of trying to get doom3 running with wine/cedega

peter_barb
January 31st, 2005, 09:14 PM
doom3 has native linux executables. I would use those instead of trying to get doom3 running with wine/cedega
Even then, why isn't FarCry working :P

Dylanby
January 31st, 2005, 11:59 PM
Did you install Cedega into a chroot?
Do you have Point2Play installed?
If so, what are the results of the P2P system tests?

peter_barb
February 1st, 2005, 01:47 AM
Did you install Cedega into a chroot?
Do you have Point2Play installed?
If so, what are the results of the P2P system tests?
I don't have Point2Play nor do I know what that is... and I installed it in root, I don't know what chroot is....

What is chroot, and what is Point2Play..

Thanks!

DJ_Max
February 1st, 2005, 02:02 AM
chroot() is a Unix system call that's used to provide an additional layer of security when untrusted programs are running. I would use it when running a gamerserver for example.

Dylanby
February 1st, 2005, 02:07 PM
My questions were leading up to others, none of which apply to your case.

Some people who are running amd64 have set up a 32bit chroot to install some programs which don't run as well on a 64bit platform.

ahyden
February 1st, 2005, 02:48 PM
Even then, why isn't FarCry working :P

From what I've heard, the FarCry installer doesn't work with cedega. There is a native linux installer (and others) available on this site: http://www.liflg.org/

But you need cedega to run the game itself :)

rykel
March 19th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Hi,

You can try right-clicking the .exe file and choose Properties, then Custom Command...

Simply type "cedega" and it should work...

If not, your installation could have been faulty, OR perhaps your download was erroneous?

Best Regards

titus
April 14th, 2005, 11:58 PM
i get this with world of warcraft, using cedega from command line.

it just dumps back to the bash shell, no output of anykind. command is :

$ cedega /media/cdrom0/installer.exe