PDA

View Full Version : Google-earth-maps real time tracking

hoboy
November 30th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Hello guys I am looking for advices how to start programming using google earth and maps real time images.
like tracking cars, or to se an geographical area in real time using google earth and maps.

Zugzwang
November 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Please don't post your question multiple times as this only clutters the forum.

Apart from that, could you please elaborate on what you consider to be a "real time image"?

Apart from that, you do know that Google maps and earth are only updated from time to time, for example every 2-3 years or so, right? How do you plan to use such data for anything you would call "real-time"?

I'm afraid that the reason why you didn't receive any useful answer to your questions here so far is that you will need to explain this stuff further (for example, by answering the three questions above). However, even if you do, it might be that no one here ever used the google APIs for stuff stuff so far, so please do not expect too much!

MindSz
November 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM
The only experience I have with Google Earth is to get coordinates from a database and then create a Google Earth file which you can double-click and it'd show all the points in the map.

I haven't done anything in real time since I'd have to re-write the file every time I want to update it.

Dougie187
November 30th, 2009, 05:51 PM
There is some example of people doing this previously. I couldn't help you set it up, but you might write these people and see what they say.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-09/augmented-google-earth-gets-real-time-people-cars-clouds