PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] karmic koala Unable to create Live CD

vikrang
November 30th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I have been using Hardy Heron 8.01 and want to upgrade to KK 9.10...I am never able to install it to my HDD..It proceeds till installing the packages and throws a message " I/O error check the medium or your dest drive "I have downloaded the ISOs thrice from different sources (torrent as well as direct) and burnt it at slow speed which is recommended and burnt it to 3 CDs . All the 3 CDs are faulty and installation does not go thru...i even tried a perfect download in which 9.1 RC ISO was provided by one of the Computer magazines and burnt to the 4th CD and still no success..To check if there is a problem with my HDD, i tried installing Mandriva and Open Suse , it is installing perfectly..Ubuntu based Mint (Gloria) is also not installing. I dont want to keep wasting CDs!!!

Any suggestions?

RochJer
November 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Hi there,

Have you tried using CD-R or CD+R depending on the CD drive you are using? I have used previous CD-Rom drive without any problems. Make sure you are using the correct CDs to burn into ISO image. In prior to do this installation you can check your CD MDsum - you can check on this - Check CD for Defects. See if you can find the CD to be in stable condition then installation should be running properly.

vikrang
December 1st, 2009, 09:59 AM
I am using CD-R 52 X (SONY or MOSER BAER) . I am burning it using SONY DVD Writer .

mkvnmtr
December 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM
I always use the cheapest CD-R disks I can find and seldom have a problem. There is an option on the live disk to test the disk. Maybe you should use it to see if the disk is a problem.