PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Compiz Like Window Behavior....

Aflack
November 30th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I just want to be able to hold the titlebar on a maximized window and drag it down and have it unmaximize. Is this possible ?

stinkeye
November 30th, 2009, 07:44 AM
This works in metacity.
What window manager are you using?
If it's a compiz setting your after
CCSM > window management > move window
and tick snapoff maximized windows

Aflack
November 30th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Does everyone use compiz and kde together? I'm actually liking kwin...

earthpigg
November 30th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Does everyone use compiz and kde together? I'm actually liking kwin...

compiz is just another wm. kde is just another de. all are a dime a dozen, and nothing special or unique.

i do not see how it would be any different than using any drop-in replacement WM with gnome....

i use compiz as a drop-in replacement for openbox in LXDE. i install fusion-icon and.... well, i use lxde with compiz instead of lxde with the default openbox.

Aflack
November 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM
compiz is just another wm. kde is just another de. all are a dime a dozen, and nothing special or unique.

i do not see how it would be any different than using any drop-in replacement WM with gnome....

i use compiz as a drop-in replacement for openbox in LXDE. i install fusion-icon and.... well, i use lxde with compiz instead of lxde with the default openbox.

Ill try compiz for now then..
Also, can i change the length of the kicker start menu icon? its only a little square and i have dual monitors so i cant flick my mouse and click i have to aim.

EDIT: I kinda like Kwin better for kde... is there anyway i can have the titlebar unmaximize feature with it? :(

Aflack
November 30th, 2009, 09:31 PM
anyone?

benerivo
November 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I've tried an early version of kde4.4 and there were plenty more window management options available, although i don't know about the one you specifically want. The closest i can get in kde4.3 is System Settings > Window Behaviour > Titlebar actions > Titlebar wheel event = Maximise/Restore.

Aflack
December 1st, 2009, 03:08 AM
Well i guess im out of luck :( Thanks anyways...

hariks0
December 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM
I don't know how ? But my Ubuntu box does that without any tweak. May be some settings in ccsm. But it does not maximise back when dragged upward.;)