PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problem

BadGene
November 30th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Greetings. So i was trying to make a dual-boot system with windows7. I've made an USB drive to install Ubuntu 9.10 but right in the beginning things didn't went well.
I chose the language, i hit install and after a few moments, the installation won't pass from the "Starting init crypto disks... [OK]" step.

My system is a dual core Pentium 1.6 GHz, 2 GHz RAM, 128 Mb video card, Fujitsu-Siemens laptop.

Ideas anyone? Could it be insuficient/incompatible hardware issue?

lidex
November 30th, 2009, 02:47 AM
An easy way to tell is to download a LiveCD version and burn to disk (CD). Boot your laptop from the disk using the boot option to try ubuntu without making changes to your comp. (Sorry, can't remember exact wording). If it boots to desktop, you're ok on that front.

BadGene
November 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Just tried that... Same thing... Any other suggestion?

astronot08
December 5th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Bump

I burned a live disc of Ubuntu 9.10 and started it up on an old Sony Vaio desktop that I wasn't using.
Checked everything out, like it, decided to wipe the drive and do a full install.

While installing, my power went out. Even with the live disc, I too cannot get past the "Starting init crypto disks" message. The screen just goes black.

At least it's not my main computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.