PDA

View Full Version : Mythbusters

fatcrab
November 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I'am moving my water heater outside!:lolflag:

BrokenKingpin
November 29th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Haaha... that was an awesome episode. I have been a huge Mythbusters fan since the show started. That would have to be one of the best jobs ever.

Exodist
November 29th, 2009, 11:04 PM
LOL.. I watch that show when I can.

But come on.. Dont you really want to put the water heater under you bedroom in the basement.. hehe

sledge73
November 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
we should petition mythbusters to bust some linux myths.

my water heater is in the back of the house away from everything & everyone

fatcrab
November 29th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Its under my computer now,it has to go!

Matthewthegreat
November 30th, 2009, 12:02 AM
That was a good episode! I'm a Mythbusters fan too.

we should petition mythbusters to bust some linux myths.

Linux myths? Like what?

Exodist
November 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
That was a good episode! I'm a Mythbusters fan too.

Linux myths? Like what?
Linux cant get a virus for one, that all the self proclaimed elitist think that cant happen.

CharmyBee
November 30th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I don't think it takes professional special effects technicians and a destroyed Buster to prove that Linux is imperfect.

mobilediesel
November 30th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Another reason to go with a tankless, or on-demand, water heater! Then, even if there was a catastrophic failure, it wouldn't destroy the whole room and probably half the house. There'd still be water damage depending on how quick you got the water shut off but overall repair would be far less.

dragos240
November 30th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I love mythbusters. :)

Tipped OuT
November 30th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Linux cant get a virus for one, that all the self proclaimed elitist think that cant happen.

That would be boring.

NEW MYTHBUSTERS EPISODE!

Can Linux get viruses?! Find out tonight!

-.-

mobilediesel
November 30th, 2009, 12:45 AM
That would be boring.

NEW MYTHBUSTERS EPISODE!

Can Linux get viruses?! Find out tonight!

-.-

Heh, yeah. Only if there's a myth where the virus makes the computer explode! Then they'd have to see what it would take to explode a computer!
I'd totally watch that.

lisati
November 30th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Heh, yeah. Only if there's a myth where the virus makes the computer explode! Then they'd have to see what it would take to explode a computer!
I'd totally watch that.

It wouldn't be the same without an explosion. Maybe tie in overheating problems?

gagdude
November 30th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I love mythbusters. :)

Oh, yeah. Me too.

Tipped OuT
November 30th, 2009, 12:51 AM
I'd totally watch that.

Yeah, that would be interesting.

dragos240
November 30th, 2009, 12:59 AM
A fun episode is one that includes explosions.

SunnyRabbiera
November 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I don't think it takes professional special effects technicians and a destroyed Buster to prove that Linux is imperfect.

Or Windows for that matter

or OSX

or any other OS

Tipped OuT
November 30th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Or Windows for that matter

or OSX

or any other OS

or anyTHING.

doorknob60
November 30th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I love Mythbusters, I have all the episodes (except some newer ones) on my computer :D Very entertaining show. The water heater's kinda below my TV and PS3 though :/ Hope nothing happens :P

A fun episode is one that includes explosions.
Name one episode that doesn't have some type of explosion, fireball, or mass destruction involved.

dragos240
November 30th, 2009, 01:28 AM
I love Mythbusters, I have all the episodes (except some newer ones) on my computer :D Very entertaining show. The water heater's kinda below my TV and PS3 though :/ Hope nothing happens :P

Name one episode that doesn't have some type of explosion, fireball, or mass destruction involved.

Can't think of one. Every episode is fun.

Tipped OuT
November 30th, 2009, 01:41 AM

The one with the.. wait, or.. no. Damn. ](*,)

CharmyBee
November 30th, 2009, 03:47 AM
The Ninja Special

cariboo
November 30th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I believe the Escape from Alcatraz episode didn't have an explosion.

Icehuck
November 30th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I believe the Escape from Alcatraz episode didn't have an explosion.

That episode was cool enough to warrant not having any explosions.

Grifulkin
November 30th, 2009, 04:47 AM
All this talk about no explosion episodes, made me think of epic explosion episodes. Like the one where they made the cement truck, essentially disappear, by blowing it completely apart.

mobilediesel
November 30th, 2009, 04:55 AM
All this talk about no explosion episodes, made me think of epic explosion episodes. Like the one where they made the cement truck, essentially disappear, by blowing it completely apart.

That one was INCREDIBLE! That cement truck was literally "now you see it, now you don't!"

I like the high-speed camera shots of the explosions, you can actually see the shock wave!

solitaire
November 30th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Who cares about "Big Bangs"....

I just love Seeing Kari + Big Guns ^__~ (she's officially a yummy mummy)

Paqman
November 30th, 2009, 05:37 AM
The Ninja Special

A ninja is just an explosion, a fireball and mass destruction all wrapped up in black pyjamas.

Dirtpile
December 1st, 2009, 02:23 AM
I really liked the redo of the pancake car. Especially the high-speed of the rocket sled nailing the jap junk. Impact was so huge it sent up a cloud of paint dust off the car.

That and bulletproof water. Actually all the gun myths.

Originally Posted by dragos240 (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=632019)
Can't think of one. Every episode is fun.

I disagree. Quite a few of the early episodes are quite boring.

sudoer541
December 1st, 2009, 03:52 AM
I read on wikipedia that one of the myth buster guys recommended ubuntu OS on one episode of mythbusters. does anyone know what episode was that> youtube?

SunnyRabbiera
December 1st, 2009, 03:56 AM
I read on wikipedia that one of the myth buster guys recommended ubuntu OS on one episode of mythbusters. does anyone know what episode was that> youtube?

Not in a actual episode, but Jamie Hyneman is a big fan of Ubuntu