PDA

View Full Version : YouTube

PariahVayne
November 29th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Does anyone else think that what used to make YouTube great has been destroyed now? I just don't get the same feeling from it anymore, and most people I know who had an account have quit.

Toadmund
November 29th, 2009, 03:18 AM
No, I am not quitting youtube, I usually get what I want by using the search function.
I know what you mean though, the suggested video's that are on the main page, I don't know, what can I say, I am not interested at all. Is it because I am not interested in things that are popular to others? Are they merely videos with commercial importance?
I don't like having to 'x' out ads in the video's, but then again they must make money, right.

Basicly, I got to know what I wish to see and hunt it down, that's when youtube gets good again, then it becomes 'metube'.

Praxicoide
November 29th, 2009, 03:47 AM
I use minitube.

Tipped OuT
November 29th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Does anyone else think that what used to make YouTube great has been destroyed now? I just don't get the same feeling from it anymore, and most people I know who had an account have quit.

I just get really annoyed by the ignorance I see in comments, and when ever a video is muted because of copyright. Agh!! :p

HappinessNow
November 29th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I just get really annoyed by the ignorance I see in comments, and when ever a video is muted because of copyright. Agh!! :p

Hate the comments, is there a way to turn off comments on all videos?

PariahVayne
November 29th, 2009, 04:17 AM

The comments are what make YouTube. Otherwise it just becomes like a TV you can add content to.
Personally I get bored stupid with seeing the same about 5 people in the top videos.

Oh and the ENDLESS make-up tutorials.

Praxicoide
November 29th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Hate the comments, is there a way to turn off comments on all videos?

Don't scroll down there. You can use some Stylish or Greasemonkey exensions to turn them off in Firefox, too.

Or you can watch videos through Totem (something I've never gotten to work) or Minitube.

Hwæt
November 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Only the gods dwell forever in sunlight.
As for man, his days are numbered,
whatever he may do, it is but wind.

The same goes for websites.

CharmyBee
November 29th, 2009, 04:55 AM
YouTube's still great to me, then again, I don't go around hunting down AMVs or making them, either.