PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Karmic and NTFS ........?

orbital04
November 29th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Hi,

Just wiped out my old corrupted Etch install and replaced it with Karmic on my laptop. My laptop
has one harddrive. The drive is partioned with XP on one partition and Karmic on the other.

From Karmic I am able to mount the XP partion, yay! Problem is all the directories in the XP partition
are blocked out in green. I found a way to reveal those directories, but it is tedious and I am wondering
if there is something about all of this that I need to know.

Thanks in advance,

--Paul

phillw
November 29th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Hi,

Just wiped out my old corrupted Etch install and replaced it with Karmic on my laptop. My laptop
has one harddrive. The drive is partioned with XP on one partition and Karmic on the other.

From Karmic I am able to mount the XP partion, yay! Problem is all the directories in the XP partition
are blocked out in green. I found a way to reveal those directories, but it is tedious and I am wondering
if there is something about all of this that I need to know.

Thanks in advance,

--Paul

to save a long story ... head over to --> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=785263 It's a good how to & is also a 'live' thread (not an archive)

Regards,

Phill.

orbital04
November 29th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Phil,

Thanks for the quick reply! I tired it all and it didn't work. Infact, without mounting
any other partitions after a clean re-boot, if I do as root a 'cd /', and then an 'ls'
my /tmp and sometimes the /mnt directories are blocked out in green.

Any idea what this is all about? Back in the day, I installed Dapper and hae a much
better experience with Ubuntu than I have had with Karmic.

Thanks in advance,

--Paul