PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 Login Screen - How do I reset the default appearance?

Isarl
November 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM
While I was at the login screen recently, I tried enabling the high-contrast accessibility option, to see what it did. Unfortunately, after disabling it, the appearance of the login screen did not return to its initial state.

I've read these instructions (http://lionlix.wordpress.com/2009/10/23/hack-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala-gdm-login-screen/) on changing the appearance, but I don't know how to reset it to the default. What's the default theme? Is there a "Reset defaults" button somewhere I am missing?

Thanks.

ibuclaw
November 28th, 2009, 04:40 PM
There is no reset button - but you can configure the GDM to make it turn back to what it was to begin with.

See the "Changing GDM Background and Theme" section here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1333683

The theme is "HumanLogin" iirc.

Isarl
November 28th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks for your help - I don't see a HumanLogin theme available, though. Of all of the ones that are present, DarkRoom is the closest, but it's still not quite the same. Do you know where I can download HumanLogin, perhaps?

ibuclaw
November 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks for your help - I don't see a HumanLogin theme available, though. Of all of the ones that are present, DarkRoom is the closest, but it's still not quite the same. Do you know where I can download HumanLogin, perhaps?

Go into "Customise" and you'll see it there under both "Controls" and "Window Borders".

Regards
Iain

Isarl
November 28th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Oh, fantastic. That's done it. Thanks so much! =)

clb92
December 13th, 2009, 02:49 AM
I have the same problem, but after doing this, it still doesn't look right... :(

The icons aren't glowing, and the Ubuntu logo is missing...

- Changed Controller to HumanLogin
- Changed Window Border to HumanLogin
("Controller" and "Window Border" may not be what it's called in the English version...)

FIXED! (before submitted this reply) :D

Just had to change Icons to HumanLoginIcons

THANKS!