PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 upgrade issues fixed ?

colm.debarra
November 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hi,

I'm running ubuntu 9.04 and am considering upgrading to 9.10, but was reading that there were a lot of issues with the upgrade when it was initially released.

Does anyone know if these issues are solved in the current network upgrade ? My laptop is an acer laptop, with a NVIDIA graphics chip and running on an Athlonx2 64 processor.

All opinions / advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Colm

wojox
November 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Why not a clean install since 9.10 release mainly focuses on the boot, grub and general stability of Ubuntu, which you won't get full advantage of with an upgrade.

colm.debarra
November 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Why not a clean install since 9.10 release mainly focuses on the boot, grub and general stability of Ubuntu, which you won't get full advantage of with an upgrade.

Is it generally accepted that this is the best way to go, or is this something you've figured out yourself ?

It would take half a day for me to get a clean install back to where I want it to be - installing software / themes / tweaks etc - , and I have better ways of spending my time .......

wojox
November 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
No you can do what you'd like. Just make sure everything in 9.04 is updated and turn off you graphics card before the upgrade to 9.10 and you should be fine.

colm.debarra
November 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for your input.
I see nvidia drivers are still problematic though, so I might leave it until that's resolved.