PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to enumerate usb on port 1

someNewb
November 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
symptoms: after upgrading to 9.10 from 9.4 my laptop enters into an endless loop with error message "unable to enumerate usb on port 1"

before i would get this message too but it just showed it for about 4-5 times, stop buggering and actually boot

anyways the usb port 1 is physically damaged, it's simply not there. but this endless loop didn't happen at my previous ubuntu so i didn't mind the few error messages at the boot

so i'd like to ask if there is some file where could i manually edit the settings where it says which usb devices do i have, or which to check and which to skip. i would simply want to remove the port 1 from my system completely

by the way
i have read this thread (http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1300845) and my symptoms are exactly the same as jimbo99 described later. it simply enters this endless loop and if i try to boot with nousb option it still keeps checking for it or something, the HDD flickers and the screen refreshes everytimes it goes in the loop and i can't type anything, only when i stroke some key at the time it "flickers". someone help:(

someNewb
November 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM
come on guys, it can't be that difficult to disable/blacklist usb devices from system