PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please?

The Real Dave
November 28th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Well, I've set up a new blog to hopefully house some technology blogs. I'd love if people would check it out and give some feedback, on layout and such, seeing as the content has just begun.

I'll say it now at the off that I don't like the header, and am working something that actually conveys the Linux Expresso feel :)

Your help is much appreciated guys :)

The blog is > > > > > Linux Expresso (http://linuxexpresso.wordpress.com/)

koshatnik
November 28th, 2009, 11:12 AM
This is jsut a general question about blogs - does anyone actually read them any more?

Virtual Liberty
November 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
This is jsut a general question about blogs - does anyone actually read them any more?

Yes, except *.wordpress.com and *.blogger.com :-\"

PariahVayne
November 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM

No. The only opinions & rants I want to hear are those of people I care about.

The Real Dave
November 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Yes, except *.wordpress.com and *.blogger.com :-\"

Sure, its free hosting....Ubuntu is a free OS ;)

mivo
November 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM

No, not really. Everyone now believes they are a journalist, and if you have read one blog, you have read 90% of all blogs with the same focus (if they have a focus at all). Nowadays, I pretty much only read blog entries if a search link leads me there.

ryantriplett
November 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Could you please share your Conky config from your November screenshots? Love that! :p

The Real Dave
November 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Could you please share your Conky config from your November screenshots? Love that! :p

Sure :) I'll open up the comments there too lol :)

NCLI
November 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I read some Ubuntu blogs, great way to get info about what's happening.

ryantriplett
November 28th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Thank you! I'll add that blog to Google Reader account. Look forward to reading more of it.

The Real Dave
November 28th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Thank you! I'll add that blog to Google Reader account. Look forward to reading more of it.

Cool! :D I should have another post up tonight, and a few more over the next few days :)

The Real Dave
January 10th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I know I've done this before, but everytime I always get very useful input :) My blog has had an overhaul, and has a new layout and appearance, and I'd love some feedback :) I'd be grateful if you could just take a minute to check it out, and say what you think :)

My blog can be found at linuxexpresso.wordpress.com (http://linuxexpresso.wordpress.com/)

Thank you! :D

SuperSonic4
January 10th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Looks good and dark themes will always score points with me.

Seems a waste to have it shoved in the centre though, I think it would look better if you used more space on the left and right

overdrank
January 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Threads merged

The Real Dave
January 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Looks good and dark themes will always score points with me.

Seems a waste to have it shoved in the centre though, I think it would look better if you used more space on the left and right

That's not something I know how to fix bar changing themes :( It appears better in non-widescreen monitors as far as I know :)

Threads merged

Thank you :)