PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unable to install 9.10 - Error reading boot CD

s0c0
November 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
My computer has had a rough thanksgiving Windows started flipping out over some viruses. So I ran the usual tools, rebooted, and got nothing. After using knoppix to move all my important data to an external drive I am ready to ditch windows for good.

The only problem is I keep getting this error: "Error reading boot CD"

I have performed a md5sum on the ISO and it matches (8790491bfa9d00f283ed9dd2d77b3906). I am currently burning the image once again at the lowest possible speed my system allows which is 10x. Here are the details on my hardware:

Motherboard: abit ab9 pro
CPU: intel core 2 4300
Memory: DDR2 1 GB PC2-6400 GSkill 1.8-2v (two of em)
Graphic: x1300 xt ATI Radeon Sapphire

One of the reasons I decided to go with XP when I built this system 3 years ago was that this particular chipset was very knew and linux support was shaky. Uggh, hope thats still not the case. I believe this is the p965 chipset, but I could be mistaken and can look that up. Please advise, thanks.

s0c0
November 28th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hmm... its partitioning now. I lowering he burn speed really is a good idea. I'll keep yah posted.

s0c0
November 29th, 2009, 04:27 AM
solved...burning the image at a lower speed seems to have solved the issue for me.

mrdreyfuss
January 12th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Hi everyone!
I found the same problem in my install.
Iīve burned my iso but the same mistake appears.
Solution: the iso (direct download) was corrupted, so iīve downloaded by torrent and...
IT WORKS!!!
Thatīs it... Good luck.