PDA

View Full Version : Linux Has Spoiled Me

Maheriano
November 27th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I'm using Microsoft Visual Source Safe here at work to check in files I've modified and it keeps crashing on me but never for anyone else. The lead developer was standing behind me today when it crashed and he said, "Well no wonder it crashed the way you're clicking around on it!"

I forgot how acceptable it used to be that something wouldn't work right if you weren't nice to it. Thanks everyone for helping me see the light!

Excedio
November 27th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Careful not to click on it too many times...it'll crash!

phrostbyte
November 27th, 2009, 09:51 PM
That's unsurprising. VS SourceSafe is probably the biggest piece of garbage to ever be produced by Microsoft. It makes CVS look godly in comparison. I rather do inappropriate things with a cheese grater then have to work full time using that source control system. ](*,)

I feel for you dude.

Exodist
November 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I'm using Microsoft Visual Source Safe here at work to check in files I've modified and it keeps crashing on me but never for anyone else. The lead developer was standing behind me today when it crashed and he said, "Well no wonder it crashed the way you're clicking around on it!"

I forgot how acceptable it used to be that something wouldn't work right if you weren't nice to it. Thanks everyone for helping me see the light!
LMAO!!

Thats when I would have filled his ears with demoralizing insight on that garbage!

MaxIBoy
November 27th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Oh wow, I just had flashbacks of crashing things by clicking on them too fast.

Man, that was just painful.

dragos240
November 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM
So..... Visual Source Safe is a revision control system? Like SVN and CVS?

scottuss
November 27th, 2009, 11:03 PM
So..... Visual Source Safe is a revision control system? Like SVN and CVS?

Yup. Stick to SVN. :)

Shhnap
November 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Or better yet just use git if you can because you could git-svn if you wanted to.

murderslastcrow
November 27th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I have that problem almost every time I use a Windows computer. And I have to explain how it's not a problem in Linux to every new user who wants to play with it. "Yes, wobble the heck outta' that window, it won't explode unless you click on the X, in which case it might shatter to pieces or burst into flames." Always nice to see the surprise on their faces.

But for me, using even the start menu in Windows is a huge pain. You'd think that something so built-in and tied to the OS would, you know, maybe be kinda' fast. I think Microsoft could learn something from Enlightenment 17, some days.

I take Linux for granted, I must admit. Who knows how many hours of my life I've saved by using it?

tom66
November 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Dammit, you'll overflow the click buffer if you do that too many times!

NoaHall
November 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Hm. I wonder, should I make a program which closes automatically when you click more than twice, or not...