PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] TV Tuner for my computer?

outleradam
November 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Here is my old setup: Windows desktop watches TV all day to record shows for the 4 year old (dora the exporer and spongebob and the such) It then shrinks it down and assigns a season/episode in the name, then put's it on my NAS. My XBMC Media center comes along and gets all the scraped information from TheTVDB.com and builds the new recordings into the library.

I have switched over to Linux now. I cannot get my tv tuner to work. I need a new TV Tuner. I have an HVR-1600. It is unsupported by myth in the latest build.

I would like to get a new tv tuner card and I would like it to be a dual tuner which does as much work on the card as possible and outputs in a compressed format. I will settle for a fully operational dual tuner which will record in MPEG-2 but a compressed format is optimal. I just don't know what is supported by ubuntu. I need to get this squared away quickly though. Please toss me a bone on what card to buy.

outleradam
November 27th, 2009, 11:45 PM
is this a difficult question? what is the name of a single supported analog dual tuner card?