PDA

View Full Version : Minimize issue after driver and Desktop Effects

KrGAce
November 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hello All,

Having the same issue again which eventually got fixed with Jaunty. After I activate my driver for my ATI 3600HD card, and then enable desktop effects, everything works pretty well except when I minimize/maximize a window there is a 5 second delay. Not a deal breaker, but after enough times it gets annoying.

In Jaunty, there became an xserver-backfill file that you could update and that took care of the issue. In Karmic it tells me I have the latest file, but yet it still doesn't work right.

Anyone provide any help? I have the card I stated, and am running the 64bit version of Karmic.

Much appreciated in advance,

AceMan

calanor
December 1st, 2009, 10:28 AM
go to https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/xserver-no-backfill
fixed the issue for many of us

kouchris
January 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hello All,

Having the same issue again which eventually got fixed with Jaunty. After I activate my driver for my ATI 3600HD card, and then enable desktop effects, everything works pretty well except when I minimize/maximize a window there is a 5 second delay. Not a deal breaker, but after enough times it gets annoying.

In Jaunty, there became an xserver-backfill file that you could update and that took care of the issue. In Karmic it tells me I have the latest file, but yet it still doesn't work right.

Anyone provide any help? I have the card I stated, and am running the 64bit version of Karmic.

Much appreciated in advance,

AceMan

you should try these, it got mine fixed.

apt-get build-dep xorg-server

sudo apt-get install devscripts

sudo apt-get source xorg-server

cd xorg-server-*

wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/32728179/xserver-xorg-backclear.patch

patch -p1 < xserver-xorg-backclear.patch

debuild

cd ..

sudo dpkg --install xserver-xorg-core*.deb

i hope this works for you as well
Cheers

P.S the debuild should take some time, dont worry about it.

kouchris
January 28th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Let me know if it worked !!