PDA

View Full Version : ACER ASPIRE ONE D250 or HP MINI 702EA

Julita
November 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hello! I wonder which of those is better? Any ideas?

RabbitWho
November 27th, 2009, 03:04 PM
If they were the same price for the same tech specs personally I would favor HP. But the Acer is probably 100 euro cheaper for the same thing so I'd go with that.
It's what's on the inside that counts, isn't it?

Julita
November 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
RabbitWho, in my country this model of HP is cheaper than Acer! It costs apprx 256 EUR. Is it much or not?

vexorian
November 27th, 2009, 03:09 PM
HP's netbooks are among the ones with the highest failure rates. Acer is also high in that list but not that high.

Just wanted to mention that everything in the D250 works out of the box in karmic (you need to install the restricted drivers when asked for though) I don't know about the HP though, maybe it works OOB as well.

Something that I love about the D250 is that the screen has something different to other netbook screens, I can actually use it outdoors somehow. I remember that with my asus I needed a very dark location, not with the D250.

Edit: The D250 has 160GB of hard drive. It is nice to have space for ISOs and videos.

drawkcab
November 28th, 2009, 06:28 AM
My girlfriend has an hp mini and it is pretty nice. But yeah, neither company has the best track record in terms of failure rates. Make sure you check into upgradeability too. I've heard that the acers are very difficult to modify. My eeepc, on the other hand, has allowed me to easily upgrade the ram and ssd to fit my needs.

PRC09
November 28th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Have had my D250 for about 6 months and no problems yet.Access to ram and hard drive is on the bottom with one screw each so thats easy.Runs 9.04 out of the box as well.

Tipped OuT
November 28th, 2009, 08:15 AM
HP. Nuff' said.
:p

Julita
November 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Thank you very much for your replies!